My Experience with FP Trading: A Documented Timeline
I’m posting this as a factual, documented account of a business dispute with FP Trading (fptrading.com), including their final position on the matter. I have the complete email and LinkedIn correspondence backing every point below and I’m happy to share screenshots on request.
Background
I run a domain brokerage focused on premium forex-related .com names. On 1 June 2026, I emailed FP Trading’s support address offering a portfolio of ten forex-related domains that could be relevant for trading platforms, branding, or marketing use.
Two months of “under review”
From 1 June through late July 2026, I received over a dozen near-identical replies from FP Trading’s support team (ticket #25882), each stating the proposal was “under review” and that they’d “get back to me as soon as possible.” On 13 July, I sent full pricing and multi-domain discount details. The reply I received was, again, the same holding template.
Because FP Trading is an established name in this industry, I took those updates at face value and held off approaching other potential buyers for these domains during that window.
The decision, and an admission of delay
On 27 July — almost eight weeks after my first email — FP Trading informed me they would not be acquiring any of the domains, citing business priorities and branding direction. I have no issue with that decision; it’s theirs to make.
When I asked what had actually happened during those two months, FP Trading’s Customer Support Team Leader acknowledged in writing that I “should have received a clear decision much sooner,” and apologised for the delay. My request for compensation for the lost time was declined.
The internal email
I filed a formal complaint. FP Trading confirmed in writing that it would be handled under their Complaints Handling Procedure. On 6 August, after receiving no update for eight days, a reply from their Backoffice Supervisor inadvertently included an internal message about my case:
“Just ignore him for now. I am following up with our marketing team to contact this guy and resolve it.”
Escalation via LinkedIn — and a contradiction
I messaged FP Trading’s official LinkedIn page for an update. They initially confirmed my request had been “forwarded to the relevant team for review.” When I followed up eight days later, the tone shifted — they stated they’d “already been very clear” they weren’t interested, and asked why I was contacting them across multiple channels.
I clarified that my complaint was about how the proposal was handled, not an attempt to keep selling the domains. Their final written response then directly contradicted what I’d been told earlier:
- Their support channel was never the appropriate venue for a commercial proposal and wasn’t resourced to assess one
- No agreement, engagement, or commercial relationship ever existed between us, and no commitment was made to purchase the domains or provide a decision within any timeframe
- Because no client relationship existed, the matter does not fall within their Complaints Handling Procedure — despite having told me in writing, weeks earlier, that my complaint would be handled under that exact procedure
- No compensation is payable and no further review will be carried out
- They consider the matter closed and will not correspond further on it across support, complaints, or social media channels
Where this leaves things
I don’t agree with FP Trading’s final position, but I think it’s only fair to put it on record alongside my own account rather than tell one side of it. My core point stands either way: for nearly two months, I was told a proposal was under active review, and later learned — through an internal message never meant to reach me — that it effectively hadn’t been.
I’m sharing this because I think it’s a useful data point for others dealing with FP Trading or similar brokers on unsolicited proposals, partnerships, or vendor relationships. Happy to answer questions or share the underlying documentation.
Gmail - FX.pdf (733.8 KB)



