My First Forex Experience (NNFX)

It’s a bit off topic, but how has your crypto portfolio held up in recent weeks, and what, if anything are you keeping an eye on?

Great discussion.

Apologies for the delay, things aren’t looking too bad for me. I was cashing out to stable coins in stages as things were going up.

It was quite hard watching, as I’d started cashing out at 3300 for Eth, with more at 3800, more at 4100 and cashed the last at 4200 on the way back down.

I jumped back in with everything at about 2700 thinking we were at or near bottom, but we’ve pulled back a little more. Still I think I got a good entry for the long term.

I’m sitting on BTC, Eth, ADA, Matic, Dash, VET, Link and a few others.

Overall my Crypto portfilio is up 800% at this point since December so overall I’m satisfied.

Could have caught the tops and bottoms better, but I believe overall I’ve beated Buy & Hold so I can’t complain too much. Haven’t poured lots of time into TA so I’ve basically reaped the rewards of DCA’ing out and researching market sentiment.

1 Like

So little update.

I’ve had absolutely no time to work on refining my algo, as I need to sit a few hours continuous at a time to do it. Work and prep for house move still in the way.

I’ve been reading my Quant book when I get the chance so building my algo building knowledge in prep for when things settle down a little.

My 5%ers trading is still looking ok. I basically handed back alot of the gains I’d made recently as the trades I had open really had quite wide stops and lots of room to breath. I took the account from -1% to +2% and back to Break even.

I’ve got a few small positions open at the moment using Supply & Demand, just more of a test than anything. 6 positions opened at Sydney open last night, all 6 in profit and moving torwards TP nicely.

I’d been running Supply & Demand in another demo (think I had 5 demo’s all running different things) and that had seemed to be a nice little earner. All taken with fairly tight stops, very low risk (0.1 to 0.2% risk per trade).

My goal is really just to keep the 5%ers account alive and not blow it, until I get the chance to do something with my Algo or launch the EA.

If I can pass the challenge in the mean time and move onto the higher level paying account all the better, I can just take a couple of small trades now and then with it once passing and keep going.

I do still basically spend most of my small amount of leisure time either listening to podcasts, watching youtube or reading, absorbing info about the markets, trading and giving myself a rounded knowledge which should hopefully help to spark ideas as time goes on.

For anyone interested Supply & Demand workshop on the 5ers was where I started to learn the basics of it.

1 Like

Hi and welcome back. I am sure most of us feel your pain. Never enough time in the day to do what we wish to do after doing what we have to do. Life just gets in the way. Anyway as always, it’s great to hear your life progress and I look forward to hearing of your future progress.

For my own sins, I have taken a diversion away from my forex plans which should have started a backtesting phase 3 weeks ago. First I have been a little unwell, then tried some excessive exercise clearing out a small store and a large workshop at home, and ended up with severe lower back pain for which I kick myself for being so stupid to over-exercise. On the weekend I took too many pain killers and ended up in hot and cold sweats but feeling somewhat better today.

I decided I was angry with myself for not having kept up to speed with computing (at the nitty gritty level) for the past decade, so invested a little cash in buying some new and second hand hardware with the objective to run proof of concept mining rig, after which if I can see a way to run even at breakeven (after electricity cost) I may scale up to a pilot. I have four types of mining in mind for the pilot. And even if it is a complete flop, the sort of crazy prices people are paying on eBay for second hand computer kit probably means this will not end up being an expensive hobby. I am up to speed with modern hardware now and understand what PCI-E, NVME, M.2, DDR4, multicore and multithread all mean and I have one unit almost ready to test as a baseline mining configuration via which to test other variants. Having cleaned up my 26ft x 10ft workshop to boot, I now have the space and environment to satisfy my lapsed hobby. Interests include home built solar generation (we installed a 4kWp seven years ago and it has nearly paid back), mining temperature control, total energy consumed, cost of leccie, air sourced heat pumps, and the like. I don’t like to take stuff for granted, and find myself always wanting to take measurements myself and just thought this may be up your street for the future.

1 Like

Small? What % risk are you using? I’ve been doing 0.5% or so. But I’m working my way back to 1%.

1 Like

much smaller at this point.

between 0.2 and 0.25% per trade.

Basically with up to say 8 trades on, if ALL even without me getting the chance to move my stops up, went south on me all the way… I’d be under 2% DD.

Basically I want to “Live to fight another day” at any given point.

Max DD for the 5%ers is 4% on the starting account balance. Then it’s game over.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Did the 5%ers bring you to the topic or the topic to the 5%ers?

I’ll give it a watch.

I’d started looking at it before, and had a demo that I’d called “supply and demand” where I’d taken about 10/12 trades.

I got into the 5ers using my algo.

While browsing their resources I’d found a blog where the front man of the 5ers (same guy in the vids) talks about how learning supply and demand was how he became a profitable trader.

Watching the vids and reviewing the performance (limited) of my demo made me think it’s worth a serious look.

1 Like

apologies for the lack of updates.

Being back in my old role on the rig, plus the house move really has taken most of my time.

I’ve continued to trade daily pretty much, discretionary trading mostly using supply and demand, combining with a little playing with patterns (ie where a supply demand zone is also the top/bottom of a channel etc) and have had a few really good little trades.

I’ve still only been taking small (0.2-0.3%) risk per trade.

So far I’m sat at 5% on the account, with only 1% needed to pass the challenge.

Once I get home from the rig this trip I’m going to get back into working on my EA and Algo trading ready to launch it live again when I’m happy.

2 Likes

Do you ever get the urge to trade more?

Thanks for sharing!

After reviewing this discussion, it helps me to think more serious. thanks for the discussion.

There is no end to education, and there is a wealth of learning in trading. So let’s try to learn a lot.

How’s your trading going?