My first month in Forex review

What do you want to know then? Hahahaha

1 Like

Ok guys i think i need to give both of you some advice

firstly @_bob , mate, i get you and i agree with you, but this blokes not your average idiot newbie (just keep it in mind ok)
i think he does genuinely want to move forward and he is willing to share, but maybe doesn’t know what detail you require.
that’s all

@tralaritralara
Mate, if you haven’t dealt with bob before, bob is like Beer or Vegemite hehe he’s not an idiot and he doesn’t mean to be rude, but he definitely takes getting used to
Now. some people , like myself , Never got used to Vegemite :stuck_out_tongue: and i’m more of a crunchy peanut butter kind of guy

Bobs approach is …
he doesn’t like BS and he won’t even go there that is why he tells you things like REALITY CHECK
now… the nature of people is … to take this in a rude light as being disrespectful
bob doesn’t mean it like that
bob means it like… THIS IS REALITY . YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS

bob doesn’t like being fake
bob also likes using pictures :stuck_out_tongue:
bob also likes Milo (i think that is relevant) hehe

but yeah… take bob with a grain of salt, try to look beyond the insults and understand what he is trying to say
because in his own Messed up way :stuck_out_tongue: (no offense bob) bob actually is trying to help

Under all those layers of
This is a Reality check
Don’t be a Firetrucking idiot
You’re a bloody scammer
Get the hell out of here
Under all that crap
THERE IS A LAYER THAT IS SAYING

I JUST WANT TO HELP YOU BRO :stuck_out_tongue:

so bear with him

Now. shhhh… but. bob will never admit this hehe
but he’s actually trying to help

so based on these 2 last comments

and

i see a bitch fight forming here
now based on bobs comment of

TRANSLATION : bob is choosing to no longer give a FIRETRUCK

He can help you, but you gotta work through all the (as i like to call it ) "bobness"
if you can get through that, he can help you
but i would suggest you don’t get into a bitch fight with him
besides the mods don’t like it anyway and it never ends well for anyone
ok

you can either help each other and talk to each other
or
you can’t
give it a go mate and be patient with him, he’s an ok bloke if you get to know him

2 Likes

Nice advice hahahaha lol

1 Like

Wow…great going. Good nunbers those especially with a Risk of 2%. At 25% per month or higher…wow…within the next 6 months that will be impressive. Once you keep it steady and obey rules most of the time - we arent perfect- good to go.

My targets are lower for now…14% per month. A little behind now…but March should make up for February as my Account Trends Higher

Yeah your background can help in seeing relationships others might not see as quickly. Especially in an area like Forex where there is no standard syllabus or 4 yr programme and there are several moving parts that need to go through trial and error and several iterations while holding other variables constant.

I also agree with the point made about having both a Live and Demo. Sometimes might see something that differs from you r strategy which can be traded on a Demo to test it/confirm it for future Live Trades. This is what I do and tell people I mentor. Some decide to use s smaller risk but for me…I prefer being very sure when it comes to real money.

So I test it…report the findings …and then adjust where necrsssry.

All the best.

Duane

DRFXTRADING

1 Like

Wow; that’s really great! Thank you very much for your reply.

Since you say you have “students”, my advice to you is work on your communication skills. Stop putting every other sentence in uppercase (in real life, I assume you’re shouting), learn to spell “consistent” correctly, learn to use uppercase in the correct places, learn to stop sentences with periods, etc. Honestly I couldn’t even read that gibberish - I gave up after a few sentences.

2 Likes

HAD students

Duly Noted

i’m not going to change how i do things because YOU ASSUME STUPID THINGS, THIS IS NOT SHOUTING, THIS IS SAYING… PAY ATTENTION TO THIS BIT more than this bit
it’s not shouting… ok
so … Modify your assumption

consistant vs consistent is a typo… get over it

so… You’re a quitter
well, i’m not
and this isn’t grammar school ok so try and relax,
i’m sensing , however that there is some deeper issue here

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM ?

1 Like

Were you trying to say something?

2 Likes

The return actually a trader earns or will earn greatly depends the analytical abilities of a trader to read all the trends and interpret them correctly to read the market. So, return will vary from trader to trader, But your earning percentage is great so far. Best of luck for the upcoming journey.

3 Likes

hallo, which broker have you been using to trade for live account?

1 Like

I am using Activtrades and I am satisfied with them by now.

I am not advertising anything, I just tell my story :slight_smile:

I started with Plus500, because in Spain is one of the most known broker services, and you know, I was beginning and that stuff. Then soon I realised that you could get brokers with less than 1 pip for EURUSD and better conditions for other pairs in general. I went through IG, I looked for information about some other brokers, and then I found Activtrades, which I have been using from 4 months ago, and I don’t have any issue about them.

If some other people prefer other features than lower spreads (better execution, other functions…), then they can speak and advise you. The only point it could be better is that you have to make your deposits through Skrill, and they charge you a 0.5% comission, but I think that most brokers will have a similar problem, and you save that amount later with these lower spreads.

2 Likes

Hi, I’d like to follow your thread. Also a Newbie (still on Demo). I have a PhD in Neuroscience and a successful career but currently on maternity leave with two small children and looking for a new challenge! Was almost too scared to post a reply as you’ve had some pretty hostile and condescending replies but I’m interested in your progress so I’m braving it…!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I know it’s a bit early, but I will be off for the next week (it’s holidays in Spain), and I think I have already reached an acceptable quota. So I will update my March report.

I have made a 45% profit over my initial capital amount. I see these results with a suspicious eye, because I know it is too much to begin with. I am trying to reduce my monthly trades to 4-8, but only A+ ones. I think I will be able to achieve it for the next month. This is not reflected on the report though, because I usually put small orders spreaded through an interest area.

My equity graph is this:

As you see, is a small account, since I am still proving myself, I will probably add some funds if this proves succesful for some months.

Have a nice trading!

2 Likes

Spain…nice… Visca Barsa Visca Cataluynia…y por supuesto…Viva el Puto Amo Messi!

Nice graph…suspicious? 45% is the tip of the iceberg with this market.

Well Im steadily moving at 10% in 6 weeks - from just 4 trades.

(New Strategy began in February 2018)

Next few days should see the 1st target being hit

…before hitting the other targets in the weeks and months ahead

I prefer patiently waiting for the best trades that have the highest chance of success…so will mean a few trades of 5 to 7 similar to whay you are looking to do. This is all I need to hit my goals. It also allows you breathing room in between trades to remain objective and prepared for the next trrade.

Duane
DRFXTRADING

I would like to say that you will learn from every trade. You have to set the goals for the longer terms as Forex trading is quite a lengthy business and time is required to grow your account slowly slowly as you have to plan the proper risk management as well.

1 Like

Hy everyone!

I am back again with my April’s report. This month has also been succesful, and at the beginning of the month I funded with another 500€ to my account.

This month profit was 40%, taking into account these new funds.

I answer any question or any helping I may give.
Have a nice trading!

1 Like

Great going…tremendous results those.

Last 3 Months have been good for me too.

13% from just 8 trades and just 2 losses since my new strategy started.

This is likely to move faster as I now target more setups with average gains of 100 Pips…such as the latest one on the EURO JPY…

…with more of these larger trades, likely to hit my targets much sooner…

Duane

DRFXTRADING

It is good to see that more people are joining in this forum and sharing their personal experience here. Though I am not an expert, I can share my views about your query. 25% return is not bad figure as I think. But I think you should not stop practicing demos. And you must try to work with smaller trading lots in the initial stage.

1 Like

The first month of trading is always crucial as it decides your stay for the second month. You have to start positively as if you will lose a lot in the beginning then it will be difficult for you to come back strongly. You need to enter the market with proper planning and confidence.

I look forward to your May results - and I wonder if you feel like recording some of your trades in this thread ? :sunglasses: