My future as a hopeful trader

Hello,

I am an 18 year old boy and I’m finishing my last year of High School. I hope to study either engineering or an investment management degree(Bcom).I am the chairman of the business club at my school and from a young age I have always had a passion for business,finance,investing,trading etc. I’m not a complete beginner when it comes to trading as I have been active in managing a small portfolio on my local stock exchange and have managed around ~20% a year. So my current goal is to be able to be financially independent as soon as possible from my parents and hopefully one day financially independent from work and start my own bussines.Forex appeals to me because I have a very small amount of starting capital ( ~5000 USD) and the leverage might just be enough for me to make something out of my capital in the short term.I have been trading Forex in my free time for the last 3 months on MT4 and I have loved it. I blew my first 3 demo accounts and at the moment (last month and a bit)I’ve been slowly building up my current demo account and managing my risk and having stop losses :stuck_out_tongue: this time .

So the first thing I would like to know from you is 5%/10% a month possible in the long run ?
The second thing is if it is, how do I get there ? (courses,books,etc)
The third thing what would be the best way to manage my money i.e using as living costs to be financially independent from parents and still growing my portfolio.
The final thing I would like to ask which is a bit off topic, if I want to make trading or managing portfolios as my career what degree should I pursue, what type of job it would be, what type of salary could I earn etc. I thought engineering opens a lot of doors and will make me think in ways which would benefit me in trading.

I know it is a long post and I still have thousands of questions and this seems like the fourm with the most sensible advice and least amount of toxic people. So I thank you in advance for answering any of my question.

Kind Regards,

Matt H

1 Like

As I was reading your post I gradually started thinking, "why on earth is a seemingly bright young guy asking this kind of question about his future career direction from a site like BP that is designed for Newbie traders?!..and then I got to this bit at the end: :smiley:

So I thank you for that compliment about BP-…but I still wonder why you are asking here!!!

Personally, I think you should completely forget the idea of just trading as a career. It might seem glamorous and attractive and full of promise of financial success etc…but it is NOT a career. It may become more or less a part of one’s life as time goes by but it will not fulfil your ambitions to achieve something in life.

It will be useful to keep it going as you are during your study years, but whether you study engineering or finance, look for a solid, rewarding career at the end of it and not just to be a trader. If you think about the years ahead with marriage, kids, etc, then trading is not at all a reliable or secure, or even an ambition-fulfilling, way of life. Some people are attracted to it as a way out of a dull and frustrating job - but it seldom succeeds. It is far better to get into a rich and rewarding career that pays well and allows you to trade alongside.

You can always give up work to start trading full-time - but it is hard to give up trading and get into a decent career…

[quote=“MattyH, post:1, topic:135422”]
I have always had a passion for business,finance,…[/quote]
This sounds more like it and there is a whole world of education and career opportunities to investigate.

1 Like

ok, my young friend LISTEN CLOSELY ok

some of this is not going to sound nice… ok
but, it’s not rudeness… TAKE IT AS GOOD ADVICE

this is great, i am also an Engineer, i can appreciate this.
this is awesome
i am also a business owner of 17 years.

now THIS… hehe

LOL

and the CHAIRMAN OF THE BUSINESS CLUB

cherry… DO YOU BELONG TO THE BUINESS CLUB :stuck_out_tongue:

Mate… you are so green it’s not funny, Actually it is… but , you know what i’m saying.

NOW… DON’T TAKE THIS PERSONALLY , i’m just trying to illustrate that there was no need to say you are the chairman… BY THE WAY… Really ? The Chairman
You’re not running a fortune 500 company of which you are presiding over meetings , YOU ARE AT SCHOOL

Now, this is the part where i was saying DON’T TAKE IT PERSONALLY OK

I REALLY TRULY AM GOING TO GIVE YOU GOOD ADVICE HERE
and the first bit is … if you want people to take you seriously… don’t tell them you are the chairman of a school business club
i was in the Technical Drawing club when i was at school… NO ONE CARES simple as that

I’m the owner of my own company… NO ONE CARES MATE… simple as that
i can say I’M THE DIRECTOR of the company… NO ONE CARES

what they do care about is… RESULTS
get a person results and you’ll get respect
saying you’re a chairman of a school club Will get you laughed at … ok

let’s move forward, because you do have potentional ok and i’m going to tell you what you need to do .

that’s cool.
i never did,
Economics bored the crap out of me and my teacher was a [you know what, ] :stuck_out_tongue:

however i had a passion for Science and chem and Physics and math to a degree
i love pulling things apart and learning how stuff works
FOLLOW YOUR PASSIONS MATE, if you have a passion for something, don’t worry to much about money, worry about getting really bloody good at your passion,
money will come with getting good… ok… trust me on that

this is good
you are already ahead of most newbies and clearly you are not stupid and you do calculate things and test things… VERY GOOD WORK MATE

HEHEHE
TRANSLATION : I wanna leave home and my parents are boring the crap out of me but i want to sound professional on babypips hehe
mate, let there be no BS here ok
What happens on babypips stays on babypips

NOW … seriously though
HERE IS THE THING (i’m 45, let me give you some very very very good advice)

1. don’t be in a rush to leave home

2. to it properly and don’t just leave for the sake of freedom…
    DO IT LIKE THIS

• here is the trap of life…
    When you are young like you are, you leave home, you crave to be independent , and you go find somewhere to rent then YOU GET BILLS
    you don’t realize what you are doing
    but… YOU ARE STARTING THE MONTHLY CYCLE

• it will probably take you around 20 years to conceive the idea that you made a mistake
    but, by that time you’ll be in a great deal of debt
    and it’ll take another 10-20 years to get out of that debt ASSUMING YOU CAN , Most people never do.

LET ME SAVE YOU 30 YEARS OF PAIN… ok

• sit down with a spreadsheet and figure out (talk to your parents if you don’t know how much) but figure what LIFE WILL COST YOU FOR 1 YEAR

let me get you started

factor in these things

Rent
Security Deposit / bond (it will be around 4 weeks worth of rent approx)
Water bill
Fixed line phone bill
Mobile phone bill
Electricity or Gas bill
Internet bill
Travelling expenses to and from work and on weekends for yourself
Shopping (food and groceries)
Shopping (Clothes and shoes and things you don’t buy so frequently)
going out (Movies, Taking Chicks out, Restraurants, having fun with mates… whatever)
Furniture ( you will need to initially BUY THE FOLLOWING or someone gives it to you)

Wardrobe, Bed, Mattress, Sheets, Quilt cover or blanket, Pillows , Dining table, Coffee table if you can afford it, Chairs, Bed side table,Carpet if you don’t have it , Stove, Microwave, Fridge, around 2 Coffee cups, approx 5 forks, 5 spoons, 5 knives, 5 teaspoons, some pots and pans and cooking utensils, food processor, plates, bowls, a small tv (or large if you can afford it), dvd player (so you don’t go nuts) or a playstation will do ,

GET THE IDEA…
this is not a complete list, BUT MAKE A COMPLETE LIST OF EVERYTHING… and i mean everything… ok

now. after you have this entire list of basically… LIVING EXPENSES… BILLS , RENT…
add another $5,000 to the list , call it MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES… because, things happen in life,that you don’t forsee and you have to pay for that as well, NO EXCUSES

so you’ll get to around a figure of around $50,000 - $80,000 i assume
if it’s lower… great

now HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

SAVE THAT AMOUNT WHILE YOU ARE LIVING AT HOME

• Put up with your parents for around a year or so … ok
    trust me… SAVE IT UP

now, when you have it
PAY ALL YOUR BILLS ON THE FIRST DAY , UPFRONT FOR 1 YEAR

if you do this… YOU ARE FINANCIALLY FREE RIGHT OFF THE BAT (not many people can say that , mate)

if you start like this, YOU CAN’T GET INTO DEBT

now YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN THAT STATUS
so let’s say the figure for the following year (after you have furniture and all that) is like $50,000 for arguments sake (i’m basiing this on AUSTRALIAN PRICES BY THE WAY )

so then you just need to ensure that you earn $50k a year or more
IF YOU DO THAT, YOU WILL STAY PAID UPFRONT AND FINANCIALLY FREE FOR 1 YEAR ALWAYS,
Most people can’t say that

at the end of every year, YOU PAY FOR THE NEXT YEAR UPFRONT AGAIN
and rinse and repeat

you see, IF YOU ACCOUNT FOR ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING

YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SAVE
you can’t do anything else

if you find that you can … IT MEANS YOU DID NOT INCLUDE EVERYTHING
ok

so when you include everything, you have no choice but to put every cent that you earn aside for the next year

now. if you earn say $70,000 but your yearly expense is $50k
well.
in 3 years time, you will be 2 years upfront and not 1 SEE HOW THAT WORKS
and in 6 years times you will be 3 years upfront

MATE, YOUR LIFE IS PREPAID … YOU’RE SET
do whatever you want in life

THIS IS FINANCIAL FREEDOM AND BEING CASHFLOW POSITIVE
this is what you want to achieve

DO NOT LIVE LIFE ON A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION BASIS
LIVE IT ON YOUR TERMS, not on the terms of the companies

THE COMPANIES WANT YOU TO PAY MONTH BY MONTH BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU CANNOT SUSTAIN THIS LIFESTYLE
because as soon as something happens (and it will) you will be in debt to recover from it

you will have no choice but to fall for Credit Card commercials … DON’T DO THAT ok
and don’t get a mortgage

so ARE WE CLEAR ON THIS
THIS IS YOUR PLAN BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME

THEN… WHEN YOU DO
YOU ARE TRULY INDEPENDENT AND FINANCIALLY FREE

how does that bloody feel…huh
Pretty firetruckin good… huh

SO… ACHIEVE THAT MY YOUNG FRIEND AND YOU CAN THANK ME LATER.
so to recap…

that means SAVE THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY IN 1 YEAR then leave home

• Point 1… DON’T HOPE… Hoping is BS… do it

• Point 2. if you want to start your own BUSINESS, learn to spell BUSINESS otherwise other business owners will laugh at you and won’t take you seriously… ok
    don’t give me any spelling police crap on this… ok… i’m helping you to be a professional.
    so… Learn from it… learn how to spell it and be on your way… simple

• Point 3. Work for an employer for 1 - 2 years and in that time trade so that you can make approx $100 per day, it’s not that hard.
    also working for someone for around 2 years BUT NOT MORE will give you an appreciation of what YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO… ok
    you will hear people whinge about how much their jobs sucks, it’s because they are stuck in a system they don’t know how to escape

now… i work hard… i really do
but , I LOVE MY JOB MATE… i really do
it’s not work… IT’S FUN and i get paid very well for it… ok
this is why i’ll never stop doing it,
doing a job that you absolutely hate, can seriously cause you mental stress and cause depression to a degree and THAT DEPRESSION can cause you to never have the will to get ahead

REMEMBER, YOUR BOSS DOES NOT WANT YOU TO SUCCEED, BECAUSE HE IS LEVERAGING YOUR TIME AND MONEY
IF YOU LEAVE HE LOSES INCOME. he wants you to be a sheep in his company and he wants you to be satisfied with a crap pay
that’s how it works
and if you complain… he says to you “mate, i’m paying everyone else the same, do you think you are better”
don’t say it to him, because he’ll give you the sack,
but, YOUR ANSWER SHOULD BE…HELL YES I’M BETTER

Sheep will always be sheep mate
and you can’t change it
and while you are there, don’t go on about being financially free or that you are a trader… just shut up , do your job and focus on your goal
because , most people there cannot be saved
secondly… if your boss hears what you are telling other people , YOU ARE THREATENING HIS BUSINESS INCOME
he will sack you quick smart
Free thinkers are not a good thing in business as employees,
people with ideas are great
people who know how to get ahead ARE KILLERS OF BUSINESSES. so keep quiet… ok
i’m telling you this as a business owner of many years…

let’s move on…

sounds like you need more practice
you need to show that you can consistantly be profitable for a min period of 6 months to achieve that goal of $100 a day consistantly , but average it out on a monthly basis ok

mate, you’ve shown a good degree of intelligence so far… OK
don’t ask questions like this
Newbies ask questions like this

the answer is FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF IF IT’S POSSIBLE

Mate, i have a good degree of hope for you … ok… i really do
but when you say
IS THIS POSSIBLE
then
HOW DO I DO IT

mate, it’s like , you may as well have not written anything above and you may as well remain the chairman of the business club forever… ok
simple as that

YES, IT’S POSSIBLE
NOW… GO AWAY AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT

you know economics and maths… right
WORK IT OUT MATE… simple as that.

test things… research, don’t give up… ok mate.

i’ve already answered this
but… also… TELL YOUR PARENTS YOUR PLAN
trust me they will love you for it
and they’ll help you
and they’ll give you furniture and stuff so it’ll bring the initial cost down of the first year dramatically

work out 2 years
so the first year will not be a normal year, because you are starting up
the 2nd year should be pretty typical of every year thereafter

NOW… IN LIFE THINGS CHANGE
so… make a plan of how you will adjust the plan if need be

but, honestly, after the first 2 years of financial freedom, IT WON’T MATTER ANYWAY, you’ll just have enough money

but do plan for it. ok

why do you need one ? is a better question… do you need one.
maybe look to the institutional traders her for accurate advice on this one , i’m not institutional
but i don’t see why you need one if you can trade successfully
why are striving to work for someone anyway… WORK FOR YOUSELF

which brings us to the next point…

mate… Your salary is WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE… if you run your own business and put the effort in
your job, WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE
why don’t you manage the accounts of others and find out who to get a financial licence in your area
you could start there

talk to other financial advisors (WHO OWN AND RUN THE FIRM) not the employees
and get advice like this.

as an engineer… i can tell you this

YES and NO

YES, because of LOGICAL THINKING
NO. because that train of logical thinking is designed for the engineering field

now… you can adapt that logic thinking to forex, but THIS TAKES PRACTICE AND PATIENCE
if you want to be an engineer, that’s one thing

but do not do an engineering degree to be successful at forex
also an Engineering degree does not make you an engineer… ok real engineers know this.
and Uni is not all that it’s cracked up to be on the whole .

also OPEN YOUR OWN DOORS… kick them open.

hehehe
CLEARLY YOU DON’T KNOW WHO I AM, Or who you are dealing with hehe
mine is longer, don’t mess with me mate… :stuck_out_tongue:

of course you do … YOU’RE YOUNG that’s what being young is about
FEEL FREE MATE, ASK AWAY anything you like .

it’s smarter to ask a thousand questions before leaving home than to leave home and find out what you SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE YOU LEFT… trust me.

ummm, NOT EXACTLY
Most people here don’t know how to trade
a few of us do
my advice, take everyone’s advice, but CONSIDER IT AND TEST IT’S VIABILITY ok
don’t just trust it
Not even mine
Except for the leaving home thing and getting that money … OK… BANK ON THAT

if i could go back to around 1990 or thereabout , mate i would have followed my advice… 100%
times like this i wish i had a time machine
could have saved myself around 25 years of headaches
but other than that
test everything that someone says.

Your’e very welcome mate
hope you didn’t take the breakfast club thing personally

as for the rest, i hope you take it on board
i wish you well in life my young friend
if you have any questions ask
i have a Shyte load of knowledge if you want to hear it

be cool
Regards
Martin K

SEE, MY POST IS LONGER… HEHE
now watch… People are going to come here and complain about the post
see what i do for you mate :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Posting with style Martin, posting with style.

3 Likes

I Wanted to keep it short,
but you know what, in this case, i said … stuff it

mate, this is one of those times when i see IT’S POSSIBLE that i can help someone in more ways that they understand at this age.

Now. it’s not guaranteed that he’ll actually do it , and i hope he does
but, seriously

IF HE CAN PULL THIS OFF, he’s a millionaire by the age of 25, Retired by 30
and this is the best chance he has
and trying to give him advice , IN THIS CASE, is worth it , even if he doesn’t succeed, it was worth a try.

Starting life with no debt
i’m teaching my little nephews to do this when they turn 18 as well,
the difference is , they will do it.

but yeah… posting with style…
hey… if i have this gift… i gotta show off a little :stuck_out_tongue:

i will endeavour to keep future posts shorter
be cool

1 Like

EXACTLY RIGHT, that’s what i also thought

1 Like

[quote=“Manxx, post:2, topic:135422”]
You can always give up work to start trading full-time - but it is hard to give up trading and get into a decent career…

@MattyH - Manxx is one of our most respected participants and rarely joins in the threads on everyday matters. It is good to give due weight to what he says.

Now a little put-down , but meant in an entirely constructive way - Your little “share club” (Good experience btw) - has managed to make 20% ? - in the biggest bull market the world has ever known ? - Strewth even professional fund managers are finding it difficult to lose money at the moment !

I don’t think there is a degree path which would be appropriate for trading. A good knowledge of statistical manipulation and an ability to programme would be genuine benefits as computerisation is ever increasing. A thorough understanding of the way the “Herd mind” works and how to forecast and manipulate it’s movements would be great. “Economics” ? - I think Keynes and Galbraithe both were “traders” in their own ways, but neither of their versions of “Ecoomics” works properly - you’d learn a lot more here ;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grip-Death-Slavery-Destructive-Economics/dp/1897766408/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1518356163&sr=1-1&keywords=grip+of+death

The only book I’ve ever read which offfers a convincing reason for the “business cycle” - “Behavioural economics” and “Behavioural psychology”, especially the latter will explain why people consistently FAIL as traders. Probability is important.

Here is a career of someone who seems to have been similarly driven ;

This is the guy who picked the exact day of the 2003 bottom 15 months in advance on Bloomberg TV !

Sadly I was not aware of his prediction and went short the DOW - on the same day ! :disappointed:

2 Likes

Style, wit, humour, insight - it has everything.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply Martin. It’s a lot to digest and think about so give me some time to reply. :smiley: :blush:

P.s I mentioned the chairman of the business club thing not out of arrogance or because I thought it made me look better, it was more just to show people I really was interested in all of this and did not just see an AD saying “Make 2000 dollars a day on forex” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@anon46773462
remember how we spoke about lazy newbies
and i said i just wasn’t worth it anymore ?

i started reading this and i thought, this guy is worth posting for .

i then go to the part where he says… WHAT DO I DO AND HOW DO I DO IT . hehe
and i’m like… No No NO… you Bloody (fill this in) double face palm No No Noo hehe

and i’m like… No… Not another one

but then i thought… ok
it’s not a waste, i mean, he’s young, very young, and it’s worth giving him the advice, even if he doesn’t take it.
because there is THE OFF CHANCE that he will, and mate, if he does… Ohhh man… seriously, his life is going to be so good.
he can’t even fathom at this age how much his life changes and to what major and minor degree it changes if he takes this step

and the truth is… if he achieves it. he’ll probably never know how bad life can get, but why should he know.
so… i hope he does it
i think it was worth a crack

2 Likes

@Falstaff Thank you for the book recommendations :stuck_out_tongue:

Well considering my local stock exchange (JSE) the all index is only up 10% in the last 3 years and last year being a recession in South Africa I would say 20% a year is not a disaster.

1 Like

Remember, one of @anon81929759’s posts is worth 15 credits off your 1st year Business Studies Course! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Mate,… i’m 45, You’re a baby
I KNOW Why you mentioned it :stuck_out_tongue:

do you honestly think i can type all this to predict the next 30 years of your life with a good degree of accuracy and not know why you typed it LOL
i understand mate… i was once your age and i haven’t forgotten.
i know it’s not arrogance, you were being COOL… i get it
also a bit of advice
and use this at your job interview

SAY LESS.
Don’t talk about how good you are at your age, because at my age, when we interview you guys we know it’s all BS
we don’t care what’s on your resume either , because we know you edited it on Word, we are not stupid, but at your age, YOU THINK WE ARE… hehe
at the end of the day people like me who interview people like you KNOW THIS
and we know that your Careers teacher told you to say everything that you’re saying in the interview or… the Job agency girl told you (the Employment manager hehe as she calls herself)
mate, LITTLE SECRET… to people who own businesses, these employment managers are a joke.

we use them to weed out idiots so we don’t waste our time in the interview process.
my advice to you… when going for a job, avoid agencies…
go directly to the company and ask to speak to the RECRUITMENT OFFICER, if you get a secretary, … don’t tell her everything, just say, i’d like to speak to the recruitment officer, when will they be available ?
or
Leave a phone number and say, ok, i’ll wait for their call, thank you
you have nothing more to say to a secretary.

all the employer wants is this…

• we want someone to do a job
  • we don’t really care what you have to say we just care CAN YOU DO THE JOB
    because doing the job means YOU WILL MAKE MONEY FOR ME (simple as that)
    your resume means nothing beyond the section of your name, address and date of birth, the rest is garbage. (all that time you spend WORDING IT PROPERLY, is garbage and a waste of time)

now WHAT YOU CAN PROVE, is worth a lot more
so… LESS TALK… MORE PROOF

do not mention at the job interview that you were part of the business club (seriously…ok) all jokes aside, it makes you look immature,
saying you were in the business club is ok… don’t say you were the chairman.
you can say YOU WERE THE HEAD OF THE BUSINESS CLUB (that’s ok),
you can say you were VOTED TO BE THE HEAD (Even if it’s not true, but make it convincing ok)
but don’t go on about it. just say it once and leave it alone.

NO… YOU MUST ANSWER NOW :stuck_out_tongue:
mate, of course it’s a lot to digest
Take week or a month TO REALLY REALLY UNDERSTAND IT … ok
You’re welcome mate
i did this because i think there is a chance (based on how you are talking) that you might actually go through with it and be successful at it.
if you do, i promise YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE

as for this

• Making $2000 a day is easier than you think

• you don’t need forex to make $2000 a day to begin with

• you will never make $2000 a day working for someone, that i can promise you , because they want to make more than $2000 a day, that;s why they pay you $1000 a week or less

look at it like this
an average australian will earn around $20 per hour or less
and around $30k a year approx
the better ones earn $60k a year

now. a minimum business hourly income is $80 per hour NOTHING LESS
but an average is around $150 per hour , but it depends on the job

today i went to a job , spent around 10-15mins and made $160

now consider the math here
15 hour days x $150 per hour - 1 hour for lunch so 14 hours x 150

$2100 a day before tax

later on in business you learn how to offset tax and expenses
but for now… simple calcuations

this is one way to earn $2000 a day and that can be just from installing drivers for a printer (using an I.T. Example)

if you were my employee, you would get around $10 per hour at your age, but an adult , around $17 - $20
let’s say $20
you would work 38 hours a week because that’s the law and you would get around $700 a week

but you would get IN 1 DAY say $160

now. WORKING FOR YOURSELF in 1 day, you would get $1200
SEE THE DIFFERENCE hehe
Big difference huh

small Number vs big Number

so when you take WEEKLY $700 and you consider bills, Rent all that stuff you don’t have much left,
you’be lucky to have $100 a week saved

now $100 a week is $400 a month
but a mortgage will cost you around $4,000 a month
basically 10x what you save

and even if you put your entire wage into it, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE
you would still only have $2800 towards it

this is why people work like dogs and it takes 2 people married without kids working 2 jobs to do this

so… 1 person 2 jobs = $800 monthly by saving $200 a week from 2 jobs
then
2nd partner puts in the same so $800 x 2 and you still only have $1600

so now they need another $1500 if the mortgage is $3000 but $4k is almost impossible
then IF THEY DO IT

3 years later, the wife gets pregnant and stops working
POOR HUSBAND GETS STUCK WITH THE WONDERFUL TASK OF WORKING LIKE A DOG for a home that gets taken away in 5 years

HERE IS A BETTER OPTION

$1200 a day
work for 4 days PAYS THE MONTHLY MORTGAGE
but at this rate, why do you even need a mortgage, just buy the bloody house in like 4 year for cash

save yourself 30 years of mortgage headaches and save around $300,000 or more

point being
there are easier ways to make $2000 a day
and before you know it you’ll be making $5000 a day or more and for less effort than you would put into a regular job
and the most important part

YOU’LL ENJOY IT .
think about this … ok

2 Likes

hehehehehehehehe that’s classic

and i imagine he has to provide a screenshot to claim that credit hehe
thanks mate[quote=“Manxx, post:12, topic:135422”]
Remember, one of @Martin_K’s posts is worth 15 credits off your 1st year Business Studies Course! :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]

2 Likes

i think there is enough information here for now
so i’ll now keep my posts to the BOT style minimum hehe

@MattyH
no it’s not
but one thing from trading you can take into business is this

PRACTICE LEVERAGING

say you want to mow lawns for a living,
and say you want to charge $30 per lawn which is really low, but let’s do it anyway
and say you can mow 5 lawns in a day with a lunch break

so… you have $150 per day… right
now, even this will get you $750 a week with far less effort than working for someone
but…

what if you had 10 people working for you
YOU LEVERAGE THEIR TIME
you now have $1500 a day before expenses

SEE HOW THAT WORKS
it’s simple
it just take practice and thinking up ideas of HOW TO LEVERAGE TIME AND OTHER PEOPLES MONEY

the time leverage is where you use the time of your employees that they undervalue themselves for

the other people’s money is your customers money that they pay for a service that costs you less to execute

THINK ABOUT THIS… ok
be cool

1 Like

As you are only 18. And you have passion for it. I would suggest you to start reading a lot. Read as many books as possible related to trading and investment. Like search on Google “Recommended books by Warren Buffett”. Read all of your. Also read biography and autobiography of famous trader and investors.

Hi Matty, interested to know how you see SA economy going forward.

I know about the drought in Western Cape right now, but hoping that will abate soon, will the country as a whole pick up, how does it feel on the ground so to speak?

complain about it? I doubt anyone will get through the whole thing?

2 Likes

lol, after about 10 or so lines your eyes start to bleed.
bet he’s a hit at parties

2 Likes