My FX journey, the road to ruin

significant lows and significant highs

lower lows higher highs/higher lows lower highs

Exactly.

I was thinking maybe I should reverse the question and see where that leads -

Q: Does anyone have an objective method for disqualifying s/r lines?

2 Likes

Thought about this and have to say no.

I set them using strong readings of the ADX on the M & W and then zoom out and place lines on the D that have the most common price contacts. I will “grab” the horizontal line and move it up and down through the candles. I have found doing it this way makes it so much easier to see certiain levels across time. It’s almost as if my perception changes and the levels suddenly become easily recognized.

Again this is not objective because it is based on my perception of PA & ADX not hard and fast numbers. Also, these are placed with the understanding that they are actually zones and not hard boundaries.

KC

Edit: somehow I unliked @tommor 's post which was unintentional!!

Also was thinking doing the opposite of my post would disqualify the lines but again that would not be objective.

1 Like

3 consecutive days closes behind the line qualifies it as broken/disqualified

i agree. you need to fit the system to you. take a bit from one,a bit from another and find a system that is yours/

hi tommor,

once, i was drawing S/R lines according to fractals… i was seting up fractals to 30 on daily tf and drawing lines when 3 fractal points are geting on one line with +/- 5 pips… i was trying to avoid being subjective when drawing lines…

1 Like