My FXTM broker seems to be getting my balance wrong

why doesn’t my broker’s commission reflect on my actual account balance?
e.g. if i have just made $200 on a trade and his commission is $40. isn’t my actual profit $160. shouldn’t my account balance be the previous balance + the actual profit being $160. instead he shows my account balance as $200 + the previous old balance.
this bothers me because i have been withdrawing the $200 assumed profit without considering the commission, i think i am slowly reducing on my trading capital. please help me understand this!

Brokers are like banks and credit card companies. Every one of them presents data in a different way and I am convinced the objective is to confuse the customer. Best way to resolve this is to speak to someone at your broker. If you can’t do that, you may question the value of the broker. If you can’t speak to anyone, is there a user forum for that broker where you can ask a more seasoned trader when the commission will appear on your statement. If they are anything like eBay they will wait a month then deduct all their fees from your account. Be careful they don’t close your trades to pay their commissions. Act quickly on this one :nauseated_face: