My gbp/jpy trades

Trending momentum opportunity from yesterdays high down to the central pivot point stopped altogether about 30pips from what i thought was the target. First position closed for profit 50pips, second position was stopped out at breakeven when price headed back up.

By travpip at 2010-11-11

By travpip at 2010-11-11

Just found your thread… glossed over a sampling of your trades… nice bags and inspiring to see consistency on your part… WTG :slight_smile:

Here’s to continued GLGT! :wink:

Cheers ICT,

My strategy is based alot around the pivots you talked off earlier and the pdh and pdl etc and other S&R. I’ve basically been working on the same strategy/method for 2+years and sticking at the technique and working on the consitency.

GLGT,

by the way i am a subscriber to your youtube videos and appreciate your efforts there - thanks

guppy is likely to bounce off 128.50, 127.60 is 100% fib, 127.40, good place to add longs, I doubt guppy will get back down into 126.55 (this number haunts me!).

I say 130.00 before 125.00 and said that BEFORE guppy ran down into 125.45ish for a recent new low. Lots of pis to be made, you are going to need them Trav, aren’t you going to need a bigger boat to travel in AU now? Are there still zillins of streets that are now canals there? since AU is the 3rd largest producer of Sugar, does this mean sugar is going to go even higher?
I already loaded up on some sugar.

lol

My Country
by Dorothea MacKellar

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror,
This wide brown land for me.

10years of drought followed by 10years of rain in one month, damns that were nearly empty a year ago are overflowing and now the banks of the Brisbane river are about to bust open today.
check out the flash flooding in toowoomba, the rain now has no were to go but mass flooding
YouTube - Toowoomba Flood 2011.01.10

so obviously shorting the aus dollar this week has been a god bet and i have managd some nice pips there. The area of flooding is phenomonal really.

Early US session a 100pip Trending momentum opportunity

By travpip at 2011-01-11

By travpip at 2011-01-11

Practising patience…is harder than it looks and harder done than said. Hours become days become weeks at this moment in time. However, it must be practised in order to build the equity and to avoid bad trades. trades need to be placed at the right times - and not just for the fun of it…
Today prior to UK gdp figure price had been consolidating below the daily CPP and just under the 55ema. Slowly price began breaking out - how far was always a question. About 2hours prior to the GDP figure price gapped down about 10pips on my platform (a leak maybe?), and from that moment on momentum was steady and then finally price shot down quickly and i took my profit off the table wheni had got 100pips for the session
shutting down the platform, back to being patient, waiting for the next session, next setup…

By travpip at 2011-01-25

By travpip at 2011-01-25

monday 7/2/2011
100pips opportunity from todays open up to todays R1

By travpip at 2011-02-07

By travpip at 2011-02-07

wednesday 9/2/11

Potentially 100pips opportunity from todays open CPP, up to mondays high. I took my profit just shy of potential resistence around todays R1 and yesterdays high for 50pips, around 132.90

By travpip at 2011-02-09

By travpip at 2011-02-09

Tuesday 15/2/11 Overnight trade

Price broke through mondays high, shot up and then retested the level before trending up for 100+pips

By travpip at 2011-02-16

By travpip at 2011-02-16

Wednesday 16/2/11

Entered trade once price starting trending down at aeound 135.1 with target being CPP about 40pips away. Price quickly reach target and found support at 134.2 before heading back up to the daily CPP.

By travpip at 2011-02-16

By travpip at 2011-02-16

Friday 18/2/11

Euro session trade.
First position opened once price started moving up from the CPP with some momentum at 134.86, with profit target being 50pips, Second position added when price retraced to previous day high and opened at 135.07, with profit target being 30+pips away at Tuesdays and Wednesdays high.
Trade was looking good, then flayed about till news releases propelled price up to my profit targets.
I then entered a gbp/chf trade after news release thinking there was more upside potential with this pair - however that didnt materialise and decided to close the trade taking a small loss.

By travpip at 2011-02-18

By travpip at 2011-02-18

Tuesday 22/2/11 asian session early euro session.
After mondays tight consolidation, a break out was imminent. When i woke there was lots of negative sentiment coming from libya, which was definitely going to signal to traders that risk was off and was going to trigger some volatility in the asian session at last.
Price opened below the CPP and moving averages were crossing and moving down. I entered short initially with the 100pip target down at 133.95. The trade took off and was right near my profit target early asain session…unfortunately price found support at around 134.2 and spent the next 5 hours or so retracing to around 134.9 resistance, when early euro session again traders drove price down.
By the time it reached S3 for the second time at around 134.2 i had had enough and closed my positions - i was bit worried it was going to retrace again - it didnt however and i could of made it too 100pips.

By travpip at 2011-02-22

By travpip at 2011-02-22

Wednesday 23/2/11

After new release of UK boe meeting, price spike up and met resistance at mondays low 134.60. i entered short looking for price to continue with the downtrend

By travpip at 2011-02-23

By travpip at 2011-02-23

Thursday 24/2/11

Price was slowly but steadily moving towards yesterdays low. I was weary of a possible retrace back towards todays open or CPP, but the downward pressure was visible and i entered on the break of yesterdays and tuesdays low. Price slowly move down at first then shot down considerable momentum and before finding support down at 132.1. I had a profit target set, above S2 and if i had not been eating my dinner and bathing the kids i possible could of let the trade run a little further. Still happy with the ‘easy money’ of the trending momentum opportunity

By travpip at 2011-02-24

By travpip at 2011-02-24