My Journey to My First Payout. 100k MFF

What’s up everyone! I’ve been wanting to document my trading journey for a while now and today is finally the day. I just passed phase 2 on my myforexfunds challenge, so I start my live account on Tuesday. I have been trading for 1 year now and have been profitable on demo for the past 2 months. The biggest thing holding me back was my psychology… I have worked very hard to get it in check and I am finally in a place to start trading live.

Strategy- My strategy is one I made myself with a few different indicators. It is entirely rules based with 0 price action. I go off of my indicators alone. I trade US30 on the 1 min time frame. My trading hours are 630-830 9:15-1 Pacific Time. I take every setup throughout the day which usually has me taking anywhere between 14-30 trades depending on how choppy it is. I wait for my stochastic to go overbought or oversold and then I wait for a candle to cross and close past the moving average. If my indicators both show green for a buy or red for a sell, then I place the trade. I give myself 1 bar to have them line up and if they don’t then I skip the trade.

Risk Management- I have found trading at 0.5% risk helps my psychology an insane amount, so that’s what I do. I will place my trade at break-even once price hits 0.5r and then I will start to trail by 0.5 once price hits 2r. For example… price hits 2r I set my sl to 1.5, once price hits 2.5r i move my sl to 2r and so on. Minimum win is 1.5% and max I have gotten is 4r in 1 trade.

I’ll be using Tradersync to track my trades and i also use magic keys to help enter and exit. Below is a picture of how my chart looks and also my calendar for phase 2.

Thanks for following along!!!

Anthony

2 Likes

1 Like

Congrats on passing! Sounds like a very fast-paced strategy. Best of luck to you.

What is your MA set at?

@MattyMoney Thanks! Surprisingly it’s not as fast paced as you would think unless I have multiple trades I am trying to mess with. I had to buy a gaming system to take my mind off trades when I am in them to let them run lol

I use a Hull Moving Average set at 55.

1 Like

So after day 1, I am up 1.6%. I had 15 trades for the day with 3 winners 2 losers and 10 break evens. I had a few mistakes and I stopped trading an hour early. Should have been a 4.25% day but I’ll learn from the mistakes and move on. Overall, a pretty good day.

Oh, and I also added the half trend indicator to filter out bad signals and to also have a set sl each trade that takes the guess work out of it.

1 Like

Well done! :clap: :clap: :clap: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks dude!

How’d your week go…any closer to that $100k?

Lol exactly what I was going to do