My order closed at wrong price when using MetaTrader 4

Hi Soohia, I will cut a long story short. Based on the MT4 server capabilities, your order was likely slipped. So if you set a TP you had a hidden spread markup, this would have led to your ask and bid getting wider for a few milliseconds enough for you to be exited at what you call the wrong price.

This is common practice, especially if you are trader that consistently losses and uses stop losses the broker will chase as many stops as possible. I think you have to evolve, time has moved on. You should no longer be doing what people tell you, your risk is your own. In the end, stops and other risk measures will not work in desperate situations anyway.

Here is the point were you realise no one here can help you, it is your job to find a broker that would not do this, it is possible you may have to downsize risk and stop using stops, you may need to even change platform from MT4, the truth is you must take more responsibility.

2 Likes

The mobile platform is convenient and simple of course.
But nothing will replace the trade on the computer. You have more functions, including the Ask line.
You can consider me an old man who lives in the last century, but I won’t trade on the mobile.
By the way, never trade for 1M. It is better to trade already on a 1H or 4H chart.

1 Like

The MT4 mobile platform also has the ask line. As with the PC version, you simply have to tick the appropriate box in the settings.

Personally, I find the mobile platforms - especially the tablet version - much more user friendly, although I do use the PC version to prepare monthly reports.

1 Like

Perhaps you’re right.
But I still can’t take the trade from mobile in serious. :wink:
I always take a laptop while traveling. That’s enough for me.

1 Like

Thank you! Cannot agree more.

Thank you very much. Already change my broker, the XM.com i used before not only has wide spread, also withdraw money is miserable long process, and cannot withdraw profit to bank account.

1 Like