My Price Action Trading Journal

Hi,

I am just seeking to establish an online journal so I can evaluate my system and performance and establish consistence with the method I am using. This post is being updated on an ongoing basis as I define my trading approach.

MY APPROACH

1. I am MAINLY trading these pairs… USDJPY, EURJPY, USDCAD, EURUSD H1 to WEEKLY
  2. I am trading Support and Resistance using Candlestick Patterns.
  3. I identify S & R levels around patterns and stack entries towards a profit goal.
  4. To pay attention to Location by identifying support & resistance and to properly time my entries based on reaction to S&R.
  5. I will scan H4 through Weekly to evaluate the strength of the Support or Resistance Level that I am seeking to trade.
  6. I will take entries from the H1 & H4 Chart.
  7. I will no longer use a system or setup #1 and #2. Rather each will be different methods of identifying S & R.

STRATEGY FOR PICKING S&R

Every bearish candlestick pattern consisting of TWO OPPOSITE COLOR BARS creates support which we buy AND every bullish candlestick pattern consisting of TWO OPPOSITE COLOR BARS creates resistance which we sell. (SETUP#1)

Opposite of the above for Support.

Bullish bar lows create resistance in 2BAR Bearish Candlestick Patterns and Bearish bar highs create Support in 2 Bar Bullish Candlestick Patterns .This is the rationale behind SWING BREAKOUTS described below. Particular attention should be given to those around Swing Highs and Swing Lows.
Essential question to ask yourself here is “Where did price turn?”

Additionally, in principle, Higher Highs (which means BULL MARKET) means that if bears “TURNED PRICE” here, then bulls close above that turn, a strong BULLISH MOVE is likely ahead to continue making higher highs. The converse applies for BEAR MARKETS.
So when bears are unable to close and or maintain below a BULLISH TURN POINT, ie, a Bullish bar low, the result will be a BUY OFF. And if Bulls are unable to close and or maintain above a BEARISH TURN POINT, ie, a Bearish bar high, the result is a SELL OFF.

KEY NOTE ON S&R: Past support becomes future resistance. Past Resistance becomes future support.

SWING BREAKOUT CONCEPT

The First bullish bar from a Swing High will give sell at nearest round number below its low AND first bearish bar from Swing Low will give buy at the nearest round number above its high.

• Buyers love the lowest bearish bar High
  • Sellers love the highest bullish bar Low.

STUDY THE PRINCIPLES…APPLY THEM…PROFIT…REPEAT!!!:clap:

1 Like

TRADE#1

Short USD/JPY H1 (Setup #1)

This looks good.
Just a friendly advice: think of content which includes screenshots rather than a lot of text, it’s really hard to get audience to read trading journals.

1 Like

Thank you James! I will.

Update on TRADE#1

H4 Setup#2 short filled. Added New position on H1 setup#1. Sellers resisting Buyers at support.

Second update on TRADE#1. Trades now in profit.

TRADE#2. Bought the EU Setup#2 on 4H

First update on TRADE#2

TRADE#1 RESULTS.

So I woke up and took profits a wee bit early. Then two other pending shorts were filled which I just closed. All in all trades closed for +165pips

TRADE#2 RESULTS. +106pips

Not bad for two days on two pairs +272pips. I will try to improve my posts and charts.

TRADE #3. Short the USDCAD 15min Chart. My first such low timeframe trade. Setup#2 is proving very strong and reliable on virtually all timeframes.
Also, USDCAD hit WEEKLY RESISTANCE SETUP #1 and has been showing signs of weakness since.

My charts:

WEEKLY:

TRADE#3 ENTRY ON THE 15M CHART

TRADE#4 Long EURJPY at WEEKLY & H4 SUPPORT.

TRADE#4 with 4H chart support - EURJPY.

Long EU with setup #2 on 4H Chart.

Trade update…

So I decided to take profit on some trades and only Swing the USDCAD. Hoping for a great trade.

Trades closed for +252pips in a few hours. So far looking good.

A disappointing USDCAD. Closed out for -119pips :frowning: No more 15Min for long term.

Good setup but R/R ratio could be more aggressive, since the trading system seems to be placing conservative bets.