My Price Action Trading Strategy

I do use the daily as well to locate zones, I should have added that in there(added now).

2 Likes

What indicator do you use to trade, am trying to get a trading strategy. Most of my trades keep hitting stop loss🤦‍♀️

I don’t use any indicators, just price action and support resistance zones.

2 Likes

Thanks , a lot. I might fail this challenge but it’s ok. I’m going to apply everything you mention. I have a backtesting system. I’m very hopeful that I’m doing the right things.

1 Like

Please how and where can I learn price action from scratch?

1 Like

Forex Price Action alg626 post it you can learn here

1 Like

Update on the trade from yesterday.

CADCHF : Full TP : 45 Pips

One I have opened up this morning as well.
USDCZK

Sweet trades , well done.

8/10/21

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this! I think you can add this to the first post, or at least edit the first post indefinitely. If not, the mods can help you out making that change. I know a couple super long threads here, that have run for years, the main author can change stuff at will.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll reach out to a mod.

Youtube is a great place for because I don’t like to read books. Please avoid retail traders videos, because they think in the opposite of professional traders. this is a great thread as well. I’m also going through the "Forex Price Action " thread, it is great. Alg626 posted a link for it on this thread. Happy learning

1 Like

I like this one, and not always waiting for a retest is I a good idea I think, if you think you understand the market.

1 Like

What’s that pin (seems the pin is a hammer candle) and EG, teach me about them

1 Like

What’s that pin (seems the pin is a hammer candle) and EG, teach me about them

These are pure basics which you can learn anywhere just by googling a bit and not being lazy, in this way you are asking questions that have a million answers on the web and are just spamming the thread.

@Alg626 When you edit the first post you should post in bold letters for people not to go off topic. This thread is attracting more people and will just be flooded by crap like this in no time. After that either ignore these questions or even better ban from thread if possible after first warning.

Let’s keep this thread serious and study price action charts.

1 Like

Read here, and read through at least the first 50-100 pages,

Great thread with go info on what you should look for in using price action… He has videos in the thread you can watch

People or places i have read

• The education here at Babypips is where I started. Just helps get a good foundation under you.
  • Chris Caprie (Also has a thread here)2nd Skies is the name of his company.
  • Al Brooks
  • James16 thread over at the other place lol…
  • Traderrom.com is good, he doesn’t charge anything.

You will have to do a lot of the work, plus if you are spoon fed everything you won’t learn and grow or maybe not even retain what you’ve heard. I do have an example of the pin bar(hammer) at the beginning of the thread as well.

Also remember if you don’t take these at the right levels they don’t mean a thing. And you will get burned a lot. To me marking the support and resistance zones are just as important then also reading what the price action did before it got to that level or gave a candle pattern

I have some examples below.

EnGulfing : Can also be called an outside bar. Mine is set up that the close of the engulfing bar has to be higher than the high of the previous bar. Some do as long as the close is higher than the previous bars close but I wanted a bar that was more pronounced. I have attached a pic

Pin Bar : On this one, it won’t label a pin unless the low/high of the pin was the lowest/highest of the previous 8 candles. Reason for that is I want to catch a pin at the swing of price, plus if a pin doesn’t stick out from the other wicks, it seems to be a little less powerful.

Rules for it to be labeled: Let’s use a buy for example.
The lower wick has to be 3 times the length of the body of the candle. The upper wick can’t be no longer than a third of the length of the lower wick. If the upper wick is also long it’s more of a undecisive candle than a pin.

3 Likes

But spoon feeding is exactly what she is after. She got that link from another guy (and me, but I deleted it after I saw his post). You just gave her the link again plus you’ve already posted a tone of charts, but one has to actually go through them from page one.

It also seems that on this forum you can’t ignore someone (at least I can’t find it?). What a weird forum.

Can it really be that you cannot ignore someone on a forum? If there is a way someone let me know please, this thread is gonna become unwieldy and a chore very soon otherwise.

1 Like

I do understand what you mean, we don’t want the thread to get off topic. Once I can get a mod to let me edit my first post then we’ll be able to send people to that post to read it through.

But for now I’ll give the benefit of the doubt lol. And give them a bump in the right direction.

1 Like

Also not sure how to track down a mod. Anyone know of one? lol

Never mind I have reached out to one.

If the post is opened up for me I’ll update the strategy rules and place my examples there of patterns and exit strategies I use. So we’ll have a cleaner idea and be a little better organized for anyone else who might view the thread.

8/11/21
GBPCAD

I believe @MattyMoney was in this trade last week.

2 Likes