My Price Action Trading Strategy

Nice, protect them positions. Have you started trading live yet?

It’s always been live, I’ve never traded a demo account, demoing with fake money isn’t really my thing.

Got ya, it was the same for me. I do demo from time to time if I’m testing a new thing out, and if I want to forward along with doing my back testing. I feel like the back testing helps me the most when deciding on a new strategy or adding something to an existing one.

I don’t really back test either, don’t believe in it really. I even found a program that shows replay candles but it still seemed ridiculous to me, just can’t take it seriously. My “demo” is micro lots, it’s real money but if I blow the account I don’t really care, it’s like $200, it’s nothing, and you have 2000 pips to play with or even $100, that’s 1000 pips to play with.

BTW I am switching to 4H from tomorrow so we will be on the same page.

1 Like

Got ya, you just forward test everything then. No playing around for you lol. Straight to it.

Nice, I still mark zones on the Daily then mark them on 4HR and trade from the 4HR. Gives me a few more opportunities to trade with still being accurate. I think I will eventually work on down to lower time frames but just because it interest me. Not necessarily need to but want to be able to do it. I do trade the US30 and other indices on 1HR.

I am switching mostly because of FTMO, I don’t think it would be possible for me to pass with dailies, I would have to get really lucky to pass their ridiculous percentage win and drawdown at the same time in just 20 days.

I think J Fox said he gets into 5-10 trades per month, I just don’t think that would be enough for FTMO for that specific month.

Yea, I felt like the 4HR gave me a balance of good setups and enough trades to keep me active but not over stressed.

1 Like

Good evening (actually 11 41pm here in nigeria) just finished reading this thread from top,my name is joseph, and seeing your trades and setups i have to say,im happy for my future days in the fx market, thank you for sharing, i wish you the best,
I also have a question, your FTMO Account (lets say 100,ooo usd)your daily drawdown will not exceed 5000usd, and u said you use 2.0 lot, u also said you set 3 differrnt TPs,does that mean you take only 3 trades, if no then how many trades do you take that keeps you a safe distance from your daily drawdown

using this pin bar as example @Alg626

Hey there @emarley, thanks for the kind words.

As for my FTMO or any account really. I will open up any trades that have good entries. I may change my lot sizes to make sure I don’t have too much risk opened at any given time.

The different TP are just how I exit that one trade. Each trade will have their own set of TPs. I have alerts set that when price crosses these I can manage my trade, it’s nice so that I don’t have to always be looking at my charts.

As far as the chart you posted I don’t really trade from the one hour. The pin bar is nice for sure but it most likely due to the spread of your broker at that time. Remember from 5:00pm to 6:00pm(eastern time) that is the swap. So spreads get real wide and it can throw some crazy looking candles as well. Especially if it gaps one way or the other.

All this doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s going up. If it retraces back to my support and gives a good entry I would enter a buy as well. Just wanted you to see why that particular pin bar was formed. Wasn’t really from buyers or sellers more or less from the swap.

It seems your broker has some pretty wide spreads from your screenshot, looks to be just under 7 pips. Right now mine for this pair is right at 1 pip and under.

Ok,thank you ,ill try and modify this your strategy to my taste and give you feedback soon,thanks for your time

Slow week for me, Only 5 trades total but still a good week. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I’m off to the beach next week but still should be able to post.

1 Like

Who told you that the pin bar is a woman? lol.

1 Like

Sometimes the market is like that dangerous girl you shouldn’t mess with, she’s pretty but you know deep down. That she’s also psycho. lol

8/15/21
Trade I have started the week out with.

Good luck everyone this week. Trading and the beach, got to love it.

1 Like

Hey, if you can make money while lying on the beach you know you’re doing something right. Good for you!

1 Like

lol I wish I was living that dream. Just a vacation with the family.

Feeling good about switching to 4HR charts?

Yes and no… I am not really sure about the levels on H4, I might stick with daily levels and then enter based off the 4H charts, however currently I am testing a little H4 breakout strategy I came up with, so that’s what I will use this week.

1 Like

I can understand that for sure, way to recognize yourself there. And that is a good idea as well set zones with the daily and entries on the 4HR.

I’m always get too nervous with trying to trade breakouts lol. How you basing your breakout? Patterns such as wedge, triangle etc… Would like to hear, if you don’t want to post it just send me a message.

8/16/21
Couple more trades I have orders placed for, not activated yet.

USDCHF

USDTRY

It’s nothing special, I am using fractal breakthroughs, no special candle or patterns, it should look ok (be a decent candle), and that’s it. Still working out the TP and SL.

1 Like