My Price Action Trading Strategy

AUDUSD winner

Yea the stop was tight but because it was kind of a momentum thing, I prefer 30 pips at least for SL.

Anyway screw the breathroughs, it’s not for me. The EURUSD is going good but who cares, that will be my last breakthrough.

Also I am going for 1:1, so no more BEs, locking in profits etc. RR is 1:1 and percentage based money management.

Trade this morning.
8/23/21
XAUAUD

Go for it, make it your strategy and own it lol. It’s cool to me that there are so many ways to trade and make money at each.

1 Like

@Alg626 Looks like GBPUSD worked out for you.

Tell me, would you have taken it it wasn’t an actual engulfing bar but just a nice big bullish bar? Kind of like an engulfing one but not exactly, e.g. it’s low wouldn’t be lower than the previous bar.

And how do you feel about those bars in general, do you treat them as engulfing or ignore them?

1 Like

@dzimidula yes that it did. Every now and then we get one right lol.

To be honest I wouldn’t have if that engulfing didn’t pop up even if it was a nice big bullish candle. Especially since it was a late entry. But also it bouncing that level about a month ago also convinced me to get in.

Now I do want to get to a place where I don’t necessarily wait on certain candles but can just enter at certain zones. I believe for me it will take a little more time and experience and I’ll get there. But at the moment the way I trade works and I’ll stick to it til then.

I also just opened a sell off the engulfing bar on AUDCAD. On my phone and will post a chart when I get back to the house.

Hey buddy, thanks for the response. I think it’s good that you’re strict about the patterns and that it works that way. I use those patterns as well plus the “LG” pattern ( the Looking Good pattern), meaning also entering where I think is right.

In any case I think just sticking to the 3 patterns gives more than enough trades on average, and I will try to use those as much as possible.

As for the AUDCAD I don’t see much, I guess you are hoping for a breakthrough, hopefully it works out.

Actually I just entered short on GBPAUD, it’s an LG pattern, plus my stoch is oversold which is actually a good thing when entering reversals late I believe.

Here is the AUDCAD I entered.
I realize right to the left of me where it reversed last week. But the pair is down across all my performance table timeframes and the next daily zone is on down as well. It is a small trade but we’ll see where it goes.
This is a trade where I will take profit at the half way mark and close half my position and then let it run after moving my SL to BE.

I’ve had a sell order set for this one since last night as well, it’s 9 pips away from triggering.

My reasoning; On the daily chart price broke down through the weekly support (green), plus that upward rejection on Friday…guess it’s somewhat of a pin bar:

1 Like

Strength in numbers lol.

Yea I figured even if it consolidates a little at this resistance that it should push on down. If it gets to 0.91000 I may actually move my Full TP on down and see if it takes a run.

1 Like

Update on this weeks trades so far.

GBPUSD : SL is now sitting at TP1

AUDCAD : TP1 was hit, SL is now at BE. I have moved my Full TP down to the next zone.

Great examples. Thanks for sharing those.for everybody.

1 Like

Update on this weeks trades.

AUDCAD : This was my original target, I hit my TP and moved my SL to BE after closing from profit. Then it retraced back and took me out of the trade.

GBPUSD : Full TP

8/24/21 Opened this evening
CADJPY

I have missed a couple trades this week as well. But oh well how it goes sometimes. It’s only Tuesday.

I started using your strategy but marking the zones is issue to me. Wen marking the zone via the daily chat is it only for the particular day high and low and a third at the middle? How many horizontal lines do u look to mark on the daily chart and how many do u look to mark on the 4hr chat?? Is it high and low and a third at the middle. Just tell me anything that will help in marking the lines bro. My question might sound strange but just try to help bro :pray::pray:

1 Like

Good day today, all wins on higher probabilty trades and 2 losses on breakouts which I said I woudn’t trade :smiley: Was a bit unlucky on GPBAUD, taken out by a bit then went my way.

All in all 2.5% profit.

1 Like

Man that is great. Feels good when things seems like they’re coming together and clicking. Ready for this week?

Sorry for the not being around, my other work has had me quite busy.

Does anyone in here trade any of the indices?

Your question is answered just a few post up. Scroll up and you’ll see how I go about marking the charts.

I sure am buddy. Got the lines ready and waiting on 28 pairs :laughing:

1 Like

Nice job you are doing here. Please can you share the pairs you trade with this strategy with me.

Thanks

1 Like

I trade 48 instruments at the moment. Lol. It’s not as bad as it seems. I work off the 4 HR charts when looking for entries. So takes about 20-25minues to scan through.

1 Like