My Simple Strategy

I thought so. For me, anything I add to my ultra-stripped down TA has to pay for its place.

Hello SovoS and tommor.

Interesting and valid discussion re CCI (and other off-chart indicators). So Iā€™m not the only one that forgets to look at them!

For me, CCI is all about improving and confirming entry timing (hence the change from 7 to 14 recently). That said, Stochastic, RSI, etc., could achieve the same aim, so itā€™s a personal choice.

Does CCI add benefits? I use CCI in tandem with price breaking the previous high/low, as the case may be. A CCI signal is valid if price breakout agrees, and/or a price breakout signal is valid if CCI agrees. Helps filter the actual entry point. For example, the GBPCAD trade alert yesterday had been brewing over several price bars before the eventual signal was given at signal (3):

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hi @GazzaFx,
Thanks for the details. I understand the confluence here and that is a good aspect to have. My ā€œproblemā€ would be that if all the other parameters such as the line slope and breakout look good, I would probably override the CCI anyway if it didnā€™t happen to also confirm the move! That is the only reason why I donā€™t place a great deal of value on it. But, like you say, everyone is free to tweak what seems appropriate without actually corrupting the core principles here :slight_smile:

One other question came to mind here. How precise are you about which bar the signal bar is compared to? Is the breakout always just from the high/low of the previous bar? And do you expect the CCI to move through the 100 level on the same bar or do you consider it still valid if it moved through the 100 level already a few bars earlier or even after the next bar?

Weekly Review: A little scattered this week, but still a positive outcome:

Has to be the same bar, otherwise itā€™s subjective and open ended. How many bars is too many or too few? Can it change from one signal to the next? For me it has to be rigid and fixed. Cheers!

1 Like

USDCHF ALERT

Thanks for this.

I donā€™t generally trade intra-day but if these were daily bars this would have been an opportunity I would not even have found: I probably would not have been tracking this pair.

Interesting. Perhaps these alerts could be an early alert system. Thanks, tommor.

Weekly Review: Results

GBPAUD ALERT

Thanks for the PDF copy. I been using the system for like a week and its working out on the entries but I did not find the exit strategy. I been using this strategy for scalping ( I donā€™t want to seem like Iā€™m complaining ) . I did not find anywhere on the PDF the exist strategy and if there is not could you share your experience finding an optimal exit?

AUDJPY ALERT

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™m following the suggestions when I can although I find the stops more flexible than I would have personally. also having watched the Sam video Iā€™m looking for the signals too. I like the strategy seems to be more hit than miss.

Thanks for uploading the videos explaining the buy/sell alert.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to comment as it helps a lot with what I do.

I will be uploading a video to You Tube today in relation to the trailing stop loss and alternative exit strategy. If you are looking for tighter exit points this will be of interest to you. Cheers!

Alternative exit strategy: