My Simple Strategy

Weekly Review:

2 Likes

AUDNZD ALERT:

2 Likes

NZDCAD ALERT:

2 Likes

@GazzaFx Thanks for the alert. I like how rigidly you stick to the system which is an achievement in itself.

1 Like

Strategy seems to be perfectly structured, yet how the guys above mentioned already, every strategy may fail and that’s okay, I guess

1 Like

Have you seen the daily charts?

1 Like

Thanks for posting - I’ve just started trading with the CCI and so far so good. One think I am having trouble with is the fake outs where the CCI crosses the 100/-100 mark but then hovers or moves back up.

I guess I just have to be stricter with my SL as I have probably been waiting too long to see if it moves favorably. Your stop loss method seems to leave a lot of pips at risk - do you find you do hit that, or do you get out prior to this?

Also I noticed your strategy suggests CCI with a 7 period - but your videos and screen shots show you are using 14 - have you switched back?

1 Like

Hi, this was posted 4th March, 2021

CCI signals are only relevant when they occur within the 5 strategy rules, i.e. price above/below EMA50, price breaks previous high/low, etc.

The SL does take a hit from time to time, but that is what it is designed to do. But remember also, the SL converts to a Trailing Stop, which moves with the trend and eventually moves beyond breakeven and well into profit-lock.

Cheers!

1 Like

CADJPY ALERT

Thank you! I am going to give this a try. One question - could you please clarify “Price recently retraced to EMA”? How many bars is considered recent? Does the bar or wick have to touch the line, or does it just have to dip in that direction?

1 Like

This is a general observation of price action moving back towards the EMA50. Number of bars is irrelevant, as long as price touches the EMA50, the criteria is met. The main observation is that checklist rules occur together where (1) price is above/below EMA50, (2) EMA50 is sloping up/down, (3) price has retraced to the EMA50, (4) current price has broken above/below previous high/low, and (5) CCI has crossed the 100/-100 level. Hope this clarifies. Cheers!

1 Like

GBPCAD ALERT - Late in the week, but just could not resist this one. Note that daily trend is also down:

Weekly Review

GBPUSD ALERT:

1 Like

CHFJPY ALERT:

1 Like

EURCAD ALERT:

1 Like

AUDCAD ALERT:

NZDCAD ALERT:

AUDUSD ALERT

1 Like

AUDCAD ALERT