My Trading in the Zone Journal

Hello everyone! :smiley:

I wanted to continue my education in forex so I looked up the recommended trading books in the forums. :slight_smile: I found some members mention this so I thought it would be a great source for additional forex info. :nerd:

I just want this thread to be a place where I share my daily thoughts as I read through the book (of course through the eyes of a newbie). :sweat_smile: Who knows? Maybe I can improve my demo trading from this. Huhu.

I am in NO WAY a professional trader or a professional critic so this thread shall just be my free thought space. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahaha. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ria_rose
of course, we would expect nothing less hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

i have a question
What are we going to do when you become an Expert trader hehe

HAHA :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t see that happening anytime soon so I think we still have a few more years to think about what we’re going to do when this happens. :smiley: Haha!

perhaps, but time flies

I hope you will stay to guide me as I get there! :smiley: It will take more years but I’m willing to learn everyday! :smiley:

@ria_rose
i probably won’t be here for years, but i will guide while i am here

@ria_rose
hey Ria, can you PM for a second, i want to say something

1 Like

Hi wrong book to start with. Start with these, Van K. Tharp Phd “Eight Edges You Must Have” and Alexander Elder “The New Trading For A Living”. After these two, you can read the zone book as a “light” night cap.

The Ever Tough VIPER

1 Like

Keep studying.kind of you.
I dont read this book.but I know something important he written.
They are what?yes Winner’s thinking and risk manygement.I read other books like it.

@TradeViper
thought you may appreciate this

a Viper, that Looks Like A VIPER hehe

It’s been such a long time! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: I’ve been very busy with school in the past couple of days (HUHU :cry:) so it’s just now that I got to sit down on the first chapter! HAHA :sweat_smile:

The title is: "The Road to Success: Fundamental, Technical, or Mental Analysis?"
Weird cause what stuck to me for this chapter was nothing about the types of analysis? :thinking:
Because towards the latter part of the chapter, he talked about what separates the best traders from the rest.

He said, “The best traders aren’t afraid. They aren’t afraid because they have developed attitudes that give them the greatest degree of mental flexibility to flow in and out of trades based on what the market is telling them about the possibilities from this perspective.”

Hmm. :sweat: Reading this, I actually questioned myself. I’ve been studying and reading and researching about forex, but I haven’t really been trading all that much. :frowning: If anything, all the studying I’ve done has made me very cautious. I’m super scared of the thought that I’ve been wasting my time all along. :frowning:

Thanks for the reco, Viper! :smiley: I hope I get enough time to like really sit down on the books I wanna read. :frowning: I’d check these out too! :nerd: