My Trading Log

As price shows signs of bouncing, at least for a bit, on the ascending trendline I’ve chosen to exit EURGBP, which I did at 0.8762 for a 0.85R trade.

I’ll be posting the trade analysis during the weekend.

It is a very nice setup actually. I would have traded it if it weren’t for the weekend gap - price is at 1.6285 as I write this. Not sure how to get a value entry into this.

Everything has gapped quite a bit over the weekend but I was looking at these pairs as well: EURCAD, USDDKK, USDHUF and of course watching USDJPY for bullish price action.

The weekend gap has messed up the entry planning, so for now I’m just watching. Shame as I was quite keen on especially GBPCHF.

Hopefully there will be some retesting of levels…

I’ve got to start planning my time more efficiently during weekends - I don’t understand where the hours go??? I should probably dedicate a few hours every weekend to look over the charts.

Tonight I was planning to place a pending short on GBPCHF but the weekend gap would have it otherwise.

As a result, no trades tonight. Let’s hope for a really good setup or two during the coming week.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve been hooked to a thread, but Tymen is developing something very interesting over on his thread: 301 Moved Permanently

I recommend a read-through!

Unusually we get to see some bearish and bullish meeting lines on our charts tonight. That’s usually something we don’t get on a 24/6 market.

Looking through the charts my eyescaught these pairs:
XAUUSD
AUDUSD
XAGUSD
GBPUSD

All looking bearish. However, none of them fit my criteria, so no trades tonight.

I am very tempted to enter a pending order on USDJPY, but after hesitating for a while now I’ll listen to my hesitation and sit on hands.

I’m seeing traffic to the left and a pretty strong PPZ at around 93.80

As much as it’s going to hurt if this thing takes off without me, I have no choice but to follow my rules and this doesn’t qualify as one of those A+ setups.

I’ll try to get around to making the analysis of my EURGBP trade, might not be until weekend. Two sick colleagues at work means more to do for the rest of us :frowning:

I bet you’re glad you didn’t take it now :smiley:

Am indeed! Also got nice and warm hands from all the sitting on them :smiley:

Tonight EURAUD and EURNZD catch my eyes. The first has an evening-starish look and the second is a pinnish shape with a gap to close. Those gaps can however act as support and then there’s a bit of traffich on the kiwi one.

Neither of them quite pretty enough for me to place orders on, so here’s to more hand-sitting :smiley:

Generally there seems to be quite a bit of indecision on the charts currently. A bit like traders are contemplating whether the risk rally will continue or if it’s overextended. Maybe Thursday can provide some clues?

USDCAD and USDZAR are both displaying interesting price action tonight but again… neither of them fit my criteria and there will be no trade orders.

Patience is the name of the game. We lie still in the tall grass waiting for our prey… when the right gazelle limps by - that’s when we move. No point wasting energy on the young strong and fast ones, they’re all to likely to get away from us.

Hmm, how did David Attenbourough get into this post??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, good night!

Hi o990l6mh,
was just browsing/reading through your thread and discovered www.myfxbook.com this way!
Greeaaat Site! I already love it soo much!! :smiley:

Yes, MT4pips is also quite nice and it’s part of the BP site network so I’d liked to use it, but it doesn’t support Oanda.

Currensee does but it requires you to give up your login info to Oanda to them. I’m not willing to do that so then myfxbook it is.

There are a cuple of other websites that are similar out there but myfxbook has been around for a while at last and it works nicely.

Oanda has been kind enough to add several more pairs which brings the total number of instruments I watch for trades to 44.

After having flipped through them tonight I find a few pairs that are interesting. Both XAGUSD and USDCAD as well as AUDJPY have printed strong weekly outside bars.
Especially AUDJPY looks quite interesting and I’m in the process of deciding whether to place a pending or not. We shall see.

Another thing on my to do list is the EURGBP trade analysis. It’s coming… as soon as time allows.

I’m focusing on dailies but the weekly outside bar setups coincide with large daily Friday bars so that’s what I’m considering to trade.

Still haven’t quite decided though… to trade or not to trade…

Well, it’s about time for a trade, so here we go:

Just sold AUDJPY at 84.75 with a SL at 87.60
Risk 2% of course. Let’s see where it goes.

Pretty interesting thread … I’m liking what I see so far …

Best Regards,
Matt Jones

Part of the basis of my trade was the fact that Friday’s bar invalidated two bullish pin bars in the above range, April 8 & 13 to be precise.

Price did gap down and since it was where I would have put my pending order I simply decided to use a market order, my entry was at 84.75

Still roughly 1H til daily close on my charting platform and price seems to be forming a bullish pin barish bar today. Noticeable though is that it, as of yet anyway, has barely managed to touch Friday’s close. I did expect that there would be a retrace after such a drop and I’m now watching the trade unfold.

This thread has changed direction several times through its existence, I’m happy if any of it can be useful to anyone :slight_smile:

I make no promises of course, but I have a feeling that the course I’m on now will be the lasting course…

No new trades tonight.

Past bedtime actually, have to get up ridiculously early tomorrow to take the train 100+ km and spend the day with the oral surgeons. That will be fun, the getting up before the early bird won’t.

Todays’ market is very slow. You can always trade to gamble but the market has not really moved any. Why would anyone trade? I look at harmonics and even they have only been creating 5 minute patterns etc…

Yes, indeed. Another trade opened tonight and yet again a market order to enter.

This one I’ve been stalking for a while and now seems like the right time to enter: USDJPY long from 93.24 with a SL at 91.50 and 2% risk.

My thinking shows pretty well on the chart, but in short: price has broken back and closed above 93 as well as the medium strength trendline, indicating that the retrace is over. A while back the long term downtrendline was broken and that was what caused me to start stalking for a possible entry, that didn’t come until today.

Entry chart:

As for AUDJPY it hasn’t been a very good day. Apparently the uptrend is stronger than I thought. I expected further follow through south based on the major bearish day engulfing several days and two bullish pin bars but come Wednesday I may well be stopped out. This is a good example of why counter trend trades are dangerous.

Currently I’m at 4% risk so no more trades can be added until I either reach BE or get stopped out on one or both of these current positions.