My Trading Robot Journal

For the past 2 weeks (10 days) I traded my account with a Trading Robot that I rented in MQL5; “World Forex Robot Trader”. The initial backtest was phenomenal, but the 10-day forward-test result was just acceptable. For 9-days it was doing great but on the 10th day, a part of the profit was taken back :frowning: . Though, the author disclosed that it does deliver almost everyday. Just a couple of days in a month that it will fail. Since it is protected with a stoploss that will be ok. Anyway, I will continue to use this trading robot and will report here my progress.

Here’s the current status:

I did a re-run of this EA on a new account. I was a bit aggressive in the first run and put a higher lotsize. This time I did not change anything in the parameter. But it is in the red :(. I don’t quickly quit on a system without a thorough test so I will continue to run this for another month to see if it will improve.

Here is the link: The BigShot EA

I can’t believe this EA ended up the week with an overall positive profit. :slight_smile: It has been on the red for two weeks before this. Patience is a virtue to find hidden gems :slight_smile: .

Let’s see what it will give on Monday. Excited now.

Ok this is becoming interesting. I did something wrong with this EA and account. The requirement of this EA is US$1k capital at 1:500 leverage. But I used only 1:30. So it limits the number of trades. This leverage is the broker’s maximum already. I don’t want to create another account so I just added $2k more to the fund. Because of this it goes back to the red yesterday. Let’s see how it will perform the rest of the week.

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/bigshot/8351378

I wonder why the track record suddenly became “not verified”. It was ok yesterday.

Not good yet. It dropped a bit more :frowning: . Will it recover? We will find out after a few weeks or moths.

A few pips were recovered yesterday. :slight_smile:

Slowly but surely picking up. Absolute gain % is already positive :slight_smile: .

There’s a bit of progress again yesterday. Abs Gain has increased to 0.54%. The starting capital of $3k is now intact.

Monday gave a good start :slight_smile: I hope this week will put the Gain in the positive side.

Fully recovered the losses just now :slight_smile: .

It sadly went back in the red yesterday :). I think I did something wrong here. As I mentioned before, this EA needs a leverage of 1:500 but I accidentally used 1:30 because this broker has that limit. Instead of creating a new one from a another broker with 1:500, I added $2k to the fund. It turned out that it is not enough. As I observe the trades, margin is easily used up.

I will not touch this for now. I will continue observing this. Maybe I will learn something on how to put this EA in a good situation. Hmm 2 weeks maybe. We will see… :slight_smile:

It profit just a bit before the weekend but didn’t fully recover what it lost this week.

Very slowly, it recovers. :slight_smile: