My trading rules

1. Trade DAILY timeframe only

2. Risk 1% of my account per trade.

3. Using 200EMA to determine trend bias for buy or sell signals.

4. Enter only if there is sufficient area of confluence. Example: 200ema signalling downtrend (sell only) + candlestick bounce off resistance level.

5. Be patient. Let the prices tell the story.

3 Likes

Trading well can be as simple as this.

Where do you set stops and when do you take profits?

Hi tommor,

For stoploss, I will place it at previous candle high/low+ 1 ATR.

For take profit I am not very sure how I should do it. Maybe take profit when 20ema and 50ema cross over?

Sounds like you’re off to a good start.

Good luck to you!

many people have rules such as these.
And yet they still lose, in fact the majority DO NOT make money.
These rules above will not turn someone into a winning traader.

What will?

2 Likes

Excellent that you have it written down. Seems so simple, but I don’t think maybe newbies do this. How long have you been trading with it and have you found any success?

Thanks for sharing!

Interesting. Looking forward to your journal entries!

Hi

This is very similar to what I am doing and was wondering if you wanted to discuss them together?

I also use a 200ema to determine long term trend

A 50ema and stochastic once price crosses the 50 EMA in line with the 200ema and is also in an overbought or oversold on the stoch depending on what one I need then I will buy/sell.

Need to be patient and I think it works better on the 1 hour ideally 4 but can be long to wait on them!

It’s very very new but so far have won 3/4 trades

1 Like

1% risk is more appropriate to avoid unfortunate losses , but honestly speaking its really difficult to keep same percentage when trading in practical , risk is much volatile and no way to control it completely.

Thank you @MattyMoney.

Hi @dudebro, not at the moment. I have been following trading website like trading with Rayner and tradeciety and find their strategies are easy to understand. Thus, I am want to implement into my trading strategy.

@chimmyfx looking forward to your trades too

@Shaungliddon sure I don’t mind discussing it together. We can learn together too.

1 Like

Lovely will send you a message

Cool. I’ll be following along to see how it goes.

You are on the right track buddy.patience is the most important thing.Plus babypips is a great forum to learn. Wishing you all the luck.