Nav bar oddities

There is something odd going on with the nav bar area at the top of your site. If it is supposed to be this way, that makes it even more odd, as this would be one of few sites that does this.

Usually, when you are on a site with multiple areas like this, the nav bar can show which area someone is in by using either highlighting or different colors on the specific area’s “bars” in use on the navigation area.

Your site seems to always have the forum stuff highlighted. This happens on every single area I happen to be in. The tab marked forum in the line up of home school blogs forums tools and forexpedia always has forums dark green while the rest is the lighter green. And the block area directly underneath that, forum is light green, while all other blocks are the dark green.

Edit: I am talking about default colors, not when a mouseover event happens. In that case, the item changes to the yellow it is supposed to.

Hello JD4,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you saying the tab colors never change as you move to different tabs? So, if you started on the Forums tab, and clicked on School, what happens to the Forums tab? Does that turn a light green or stay dark green? And does School turn dark green?

Or are you saying the ACTIVEtabs color, whether in the main navigation or the forums sub menu, is confusing because on the main navigation ACTIVE is denoted by dark green, while on the forums sub menu it’s light green?

If the colors are “sticking” and not changing as your move around the website, please try clearing your web browser cache, or even try a different web browser to see if the same thing happens.

Let me know your thoughts.

__
Pipstradamus

I mean, if I am in the UserCP area, by clicking the block, (which turns yellow before I click it), it takes me to the area, but the top color combo does not change. Forum tab and block are still the odd ones out in their respective color pattern. (Dark green on the higher tab and light green on the lower “block”)

I did some further checking, and it only seems to do it on the Forum larger tab, with the lower block menu selections available. All of the other higher physical level tabs operate as they should (dark green when in that area). But, only on forum tab does the lower menu choices of “What’s New?”, “UserCP”, “Forum”, “Chat Room”, and “Quiz” show up at all.

Also, if you click the user name in the spot next to the “log out” option, it brings you to the UserCP area, but with the forum area markers still highlighted oddly.