Need a mentor for demo trading!

Hello, So I want to begin my demo trading journey and see how I do when i’m in the actual markets. I’ve been educating myself for the past couple of weeks and i think its time i put some of that knowledge to the test. However, since this is my first time I think it would be proper to do this with a mentor who can show me the basics and maybe help me attain my first “trade”. If anyone is interested, please leave a comment on this thread!

Thank you in advance, Happy New Years!

I’m sure you have dozens of them queueing up in your “pm’s” - I think you need to jump through a few “Babypips” hoops to be allowed to receive Pm’s though! - don’t ignore the robot ! :wink:

hi mate

so i have 2 questions

1. What can you do for the mentor ?
    Meaning… We’ve put in a lot of time , effort, money, blood , sweat , and tears.
    and then (no offense) but you come here and say “I need a Mentor” hehe and expect to get the answer for free.
    so… what can you bring to the table ?

You’re right , this is a good way to do it, however, LITTLE TIP.
a lot of people think they are mentors, but really are not, point being, make sure your mentor knows what they are talking about
but the catch 22 is… how are you as a beginner going to know that ?

second question

so… You only want us to show 1 trade…ok hehe
i’m not sure what that’s going to prove, but i think anyone here can show you how to get 1 trade under belt (i mean… successful trade) of course.

what you should be after is “Consistant profit over a large period of time”

it’s the new year
so let me say this in the nicest way i can
Look at it from our point of view

think about how many newbies there are on babypips
think about how many ask “Can someone mentor me”
think about how many actually pay for it

now consider this

Do you think the traders that know what they are doing , and who have spent years working this out
do is… so THAT ONE DAY THEY CAN MAKE THEMSELVES AVAILABLE TO NEWBIES TO GIVE THEIR INFORMATION AWAY FOR FREE
LOL

No mate…

Even though I and others here want to help
You have to be real about it
We have worked our little butts off to figure this out

mate, i recently had a discussion with
@A1lenTrader at this link
you can get some good ideas from my post at this link

and if you want to know more about ranging
find that post where i responded to Miss Pipa

that combined with reading babypips education
should get you 1 succesful trade under your belt

1 Like

haha. well, obviously I know mentorship doesn’t come free of charge. I don’t mind discussing prices, as long as I have a mentor I deem fit to take on the task and who’s willing to put in time and effort w/ me. heck, if i was an experienced trader and i got approached by a random newbie asking for mentorship i would want some type of return in exchange for my time.

If you wanted to start demo trading then I must say you, welcome. This is the right time for starting demo trading and you have taken the right decision. But I don’t think that you need a mentor. Basically what we learned we applied it in to our demo platform. And any demo platform is made by any forex brokers. By using a demo platform you will understand which broker is giving what facility. And applying thing in demo you will get a sample result of what will happen if took X stapes.

hehe
Exactly
and please forgive me, but how am i to distinguish you from the other newbies that expect it for free
and who’s mentality is “this is the internet, everything should be free” LOL

but also there is the TIME FACTOR
to be real about it (since you have now demonstrated that you are not the standard newbie that expects everything for free and you are willing to put in time)

I’ve trained people, so i can tell you this for a fact
it’s really draining to have to explain the same stuff over and over and over and over again

and if one decides to be a mentor relating to trading. it requires the person to put in at least 1 -2 years of effort into you if you are to have any chance of being successful at trading

and if the person gets bored, they can make a video series which also requires a (one time) effort, but it takes a while to do and do edit, it could take a month to do

but then the issue with that is…
people like you who want mentors, don’t want a video hehe
they want a real person to pull them up on their mistakes as they happen, so… there is really no way around it is there

mate, i’m happy to show you a few things
if you have PM priviledges i can give you my email we can jump on skype and i can show you some basics.

but… will that make you a long term successful trader
well. if you stick to it… yes, to a degree it will
but NO ONE DOES
so… the reality is… it probably won’t.

because the psychology is… you can take what i give you and then you have to apply your won STAMP on it, so to speak and figure out an altered version of that method that suites your trading style.

at the end of the day, that’s what YOUR STYLE is…
it’s a Frankenstein’ed version of the styles of others mashed up together in something that makes sense to you

so even though i can show you some basics (Free of charge) , i don’t have the time to be a mentor to you because i have my own goals and agenda’s i need to focus on

now, what’s in it for me if i give it to you free of charge
ANSWER : well. to a point, i actually enjoy helping people, so i get enjoyment out of it
but Enjoyment alone does achieve my goals, if it did, believe me i’d be helping everyone for free.

so tell me your thoughts about all this
be cool

@getyourbandsup

COMPLETE THE BABYPIPS SCHOOL of PIPSOLIGY to begin your journey…

@anon81929759

Do you Ever sleep Martin lol

You could make 10 videos put em on youtube get money from that like the 1000’s of others and when newbies ask just link em to ya videos. “If you have time” . :alien:

MOST of them just want you to buy there courses i kno but some are good…

HEHE
YEAH I KNOW…
but then

1. the Mods would have a field day with it because i’m posting links to something that i make money on.
    right ?

2. the people on this forum that initially thought i was a scammer would ACTUALLY HAVE SOME DEGREE OF VALID ARGUMENT hehe

I’ve thought about you tube, both for forex and for I.T.
honestly… it’s not worth it

i’ve done my research and as it stands, you need to pretty much go through around 5 years of losing money and doing it pretty much for the love of it, AND IF… it’s popular, then you should be ok
otherwise, you crash and burn

now. i do love doing it, that’s true
but i dont’ want to spend the majority of my time video editing, that’s not my thing.

i can spend time talking about forex
i can spend time tlaking about electronics
but video editing all the time… naahh… I’LL GIVE IT A MISS

Now… do i sleep hmmm… how to answer this question HEHE

i guess… not lately
but… I TRY TO

the problem with me is this…
my mind doesn’t know how to stop asking questions
so, i’ll do something and get an idea and then i have to fix something and then that will lead to something else
in the last few days, I’ve been working on a computer power supply, 4 TV’s , a Mixing board, 2 Stud finders and 2 remote controls that control (Hover craft drones)
what can i say… it’s fun hehe
sometimes , so much fun that sleep gets pushed aside.

and on a serious note though
if i was working for somebody , by now… i’d have the sack… Guaranteed. hehe

but… since i work for myself, i can afford to do this.
between forex and my income, it’s not even a problem if i want to take a month off

so… i do it because it’s fun
and life is about having fun, Sure… you have to work , AND I’VE DONE THAT,
Now , i still work, but i have more fun than i did before

and when i finish soldering something or fixing something and i make me a cup of coffee and want to relax for a second, i come here and check out what’s going on

that’s why you see the late replies

be cool dude

okay so from my understanding, you would be willing to mentor me but not to an extent of 1-2 years like you mentioned because you’re busy, however you’re willing to help me with the basics if needed?

well honestly speaking, i’m quite a fast learner once i learn the subject and learn how it all works out i usually pick up the information quickly. you said most people who ask for mentorship never seem dedicated well lemme tell you im the polar opposite, ever since i discovered trading and the financial benefits (and losses haha) you can achieve, i’ve been on my ass everyday, trying to learn new information from youtube, baby pips, investing forums etc. so if dedication is your worry, trust me that wont be an issue.

right now i want to begin demo trading because yes, i’ve been gaining information and knowledge from all these resources however like many say, the actual market is a different ball game alltogether when you begin investing real money (or even play money in my case) so if i can get someone like yourself to just guide me and show me the things to pay attention too before entering a trade, how to go about setting stops and order types etc. and just the whole shabazz i would appreciate it.

now if that requires me to give some type of monetary gain in the process so be it.

hehe… A BRAVE SOUL HUH… LOL

well mate… ok let me now be serious for a moment

From what i have read, at least it shows TO SOME EXTENT that you are not a quitter
(But, that remains to be seen) but AT LEAST it PROVES that YOU BELIEVE you are not going to quit, and that’s always a good place to start

now…

Yes… TO A POINT
but, I"m not your mentor. Let’s be clear on that.
Mentor implies that i’m going to put in a long term committment, WHICH I’M NOT

I’m more like a one night stand that knows what i’m doing.
we can get together onece
and if you enjoy it (hehe… Yes i’m still talking about forex by the way :stuck_out_tongue:)
you can come back once or twice
but then we will officially be over

the reason for this is , as i said I am busy with other things.
but if i have time… Sure, i’m happy to help

and as far as the basics are concerned , Sure, i can help you with that, show you around a bit and what to be aware of . No problem

Now as far as payment is concerned… hmmmm let me think $$$$ Cha ching LOL

NO. that’s fine
we’ll do it like this
the first skpe session will be free (i find it can generally last between 2 - 4 hours) and i’ll need to allocate a time depending on where you are in the world

beyond that. if it’s just a few simple things, i won’t charge you
but, if you want something specific or a video series of something like that that involved a decent effort then, i’ll figure out some reasonable figure
but, let’s not go down that road yet

I’LL SAY THIS AS WELL
Not Just for your benefit but for the benefit of all other newbies

• it’s good that you are realistic and wiling to pay for what is required to get you ahead
    but,

• at the same time DON’T BE NAIVE and pay for anything that comes your way JUST BECAUSE THE PERSON SOUNDS GOOD

I see this a lot,
and this is why newbies get scammed and why there is a market for scammers

so. as long as you understand that… that’s good

Now back to the point
we’ll start with free skype sessions and i’ll teach you what you need to know to be able to trade safely.

Strategy will be up to you (i can give you some ideas) but the final strategy will be yours to develop
how much risk you take will be up to you (but of course i’ll show you the differences and what is too much and too little)

Basically, you’ll learn a lot, Everyone does
and you’ll learn correctly
and when i send you on your way, we can still keep in touch if you like

but do me a favour ok. DON’T GET CLINGY hehe ok

another thing that newbies do a lot is (and I understand this) they keep thanking me and they keep thinking we are gonna be frieds.
we won’t be friends… be clear on that
we will be acquaintances (there is a big difference)

they act like a stray puppy when you feed it
and 1 question turns into 50, because they are new and don’t know much
now the thing to understand is this…
Even though i do like helping… that’s the truth, there is a fine line between asking a few questions and asking a few questions over a few years

so… if it’s gonna turn into that, i may as well charge you and be your mentor… know what i mean
but then… Again, that requires years of committment

so as long as we clear it’s like a wham bam thank you Retail trader hehe
yeah… i’m happy to help you

Let me know when you have time
but the thing is i can’t put my details here because the moderators will remove it

do you have PM Priviledges yet ?
if you do i can PM you and send you the details

so let me know…
speak soon

According to me; BabyPips School is the best place to learn Forex Basics (even more)! My suggestion is, start manually, spend more time here and BabyPips School and be your own mentor!

And i completely agree
Everyone should learn on their own.

but it has also been my experience that some people learn in different ways,
and some people need to be shown in the beginning

some people can read text in a book and understand what to do
other people are visual (i’m an Example of this) and need to be shown and do something practically
and then it comes down to a person’s personal confidence

but I agree
the Best schooling is the one where you put yourself out on the line and LEARN TO DO IT, no matter what.
that’s what i did in a lot of areas of my life.

2 Likes

Still a noob to the whole forum section of this website, how exactly do I get PM privileges?

Nice to see, a new Forex trader looking for a mentor; not
any signal service! That means, you really want to learn Forex! Just spend few
more months here and use the search option with technical and fundamental
analysis! I’m sure, you are going to improve your trading skill by this
process!

1 Like

Honestly
PM priviiledges is something that happens automatically when you post enough times.

I think ENOUGH TIMES = 50 comments
so, if you have replied to answered like 50 comments, you should get an award or a badget that allows you to PM people

i’m going to send you a PM and see if it works… ok
let me know if you get it

Appreciate your learning mentality. If you can go though Baby Pips forum especially the preschool level for 2-3 times , this knowledge can be a great mentor for you in demo. There is no ending of learning but for demo trading accurately Baby pips knowledge is enough for beginner’s level. Do not trade at random and always try to trade with knowledge that you have acquired from this community. Keep focus and go ahead.

2 Likes

Thanks for agreeing! I see, your posts are always so educational! Just keep it up with the good works!

no one should need a mentor for 1-2 years unless you are mentally impaired or your mentor is.

So, a little like yourself by the way your outburst of pointless posts have come across?

1 Like

Im sorry did you lose a shoe?

1 Like