Need help re-sizing a downloaded image

I’m struggling with trying to download a [B]text document[/B] (as an image) into a forum post. I’m wondering whether there are some techies who can advise me.

Here’s what I’m trying to do. I prepared a lengthy chart of data (on forex brokers). I captured the chart as an image using [B]Snag-It[/B], and saved the file to [B]My Documents[/B]. From there, I uploaded the file to [B]PhotoBucket[/B], and from there I tried to download it into a forum post.

The problem is that it gets downloaded (into the forum post) at a tiny size, and I can’t figure out how to re-size it.

The original typewritten document is about 6" in width, and about 15" in length. The image stored in My Documents has dimensions 655 x 1505, which agrees with the size of the original.

The uploaded image in PhotoBucket has dimensions 70 x 160. I have tried to re-size this image in PhotoBucket by going to “Edit” and “Re-Size”, without success. No matter what I try, the document ends up about the size of Wile E. Coyote, and the text is totally unreadable.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? How can I get this image into a forum post at its original size?

Thank you, in advance, for any advice you can give me.

Clint

Clint,

Have you tried using a different image hosting service, like Imageshack?

Even if you want to use PhotoBucket that could help narrow down the problem. You’d then know if it was something you did wrong or if the problem is on PhotoBucket’s end.

I am probably the biggest user of images on the forum since my candlestick thread is fully image based.

I use both Imageshack and Photobucket.

Of the two, I believe that Photobucket is more up to date, making it much more user friendly.

But both services do exactly the same thing.

In your case, Clint, I would upload at Photobucket and choose the largest upload size which is the 1 mb file size.
After uploading, tick the little box underneath your image, then click[U] “generate HTML and image code”[/U] which appears underneath your images.
Select box number 4 from the generated image codes.

Image shack gives you the possibility of 1.5 mb but you first have to resize your image in Microsoft Paint to 1.5 mb before Image shack will even touch it.
It is a little more difficult to operate and is slower.

In either case, thats the best you are going to get.
Your image will come out on this forum at standard forum size.

I remember doing a Word document.

I had to put it into Microsoft Paint before, the image services would touch it.

In the end, if it still does not work the way you want it to, then use the “attached images” option on the forum.
Not as good, but maybe the only way to go.

Alternatively put all the stuff into a PDF file and post that.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:

Phil and Tymen,

Thanks, guys.

I’ll start over, and see whether I can do this.

The internal data size of the image is too big, so Photobucket is down sampling the pixels to compensate for the file size? Why not just take it into photoshop and save it to a file size that is accepted and then re-upload it and see if it keeps the resolution size?

If you need me to re-size the file for you let me know.

[B]Tymen[/B],

Thanks for your excellent directions. The 1MB upload size was the solution to my problem. I have successfully inserted the document, in its original size, into a forum post (a dry run, actually).

I will do a final edit of the original, and post it here in a day or two. Thanks, again.

[B]Revone[/B],

Thanks for your offer of assistance. If I had failed with Tymen’s instructions, I would have taken you up on your offer.

Clint

I am glad you were able to solve the problem. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: