Need help uinderstanding why my TP didn't trigger

Hello everyone,

I’ve put a trade up on my demo account(OANDA) for the USD/CAD. Here’s a screencap of the chart

The candlesticks clearly went above my TP. At It’s peak(1.3172), It was over 40pip my TP(1.3132).
I tried searching on the web for an answer but I’m still not totally sure I understand what exactly happened. Is it because of the spread at the time? If so, how do I see on the chart what the spread was at the time?

Thanks in advance for the help

Can’t see when you opened the trade but from what you say it was before the two price highs (a neat double top by the way) above your TP. I cannot see why the TP did not trigger on Friday.

Displaying spread on the chart is tricky, sometimes the only answer is to watch the spread over periods of interest and assume that it will do pretty much whatever it did then at the same time on another day. You can normally select only one price type for display - bid price, ask price or mid-price: your chart has mid selected. Perhaps you can use settings to get your charts to display a horizontal line for both ask and bid prices, so that you will see the current spread (though that will still not show the historic spread from earlier).

I figured it out I had the wrong timezone selected on my platform so I got confused as to when I went into the trade. Totally my bad :sweat_smile: