Need input from people at IC M and Armada

Hey guys, been on demo at these two for a month, and its hard to toss between them. Both real good, tight spreads, fast execution. IC Markets has higher commission, tighter spreads against Armada usually ( -0.3-0.3 pips), but their swap rates are much higher.

Armada has tight spreads too, lower commission and swap rates isn’t as high, the execution using demo was slightly faster than that of IC Markets.

I honestly believe i can’t go wrong with either, just want to hear what other peoples experiences are.

My average trade holding times are usually 3 days.

Any input on experiences from people who are currently with them or has experienced both brokers would be great thanks.

I like Amarda markets I use them and have no issues.

IC Markets has excellent execution speed, particularly if you’re using a cross-connected VPS, generally better swaps as well as materially better spread (especially if you use cTrader, which can feature negative spread, in addition to negative slippage!). I have yet to find a retail broker offering more competitive EUR/USD spreads personally. MyFXBook stats will back me up here, as will the findings of others I’m sure. At this point I’ve traded with them for about a year.

It is also possible and easy to significantly reduce the cost of trading at ICM by enrolling with an IB.

I have been trading with Armada Markets over 6 months. No complaints do far execution is good. I am trading with EA very short term. I would recommend them.

Yup! Both brokers are good. But I will stay away from market makers unless I can beat them at their games. I prefer brokers that uses STP/NDD execution like Oanda or Profiforex because that is when your trades are executed fairly.

So you are saying that IC markets and Armada Markets are market makers?
I have used both brokers and both are good and I would say that they are not market makers because there are no requotes , fast exection, no delays etc.

+1 to IC Markets. I was facing the same dilemma last year between IC Markets and Armada, but finally opted with IC Markets.

I’ve been trading using their ECN MT4 account for more than a year now and have been completely satisfied with their service and support.

As you’ve already noticed they offer lower spreads when compared to Armada Markets, also you could get a good deal with their commissions by joining under a IB, there are a number of IBs around in almost all Forums for ICM offering commissions as low as 5.5$ per round lot.

Also, in my personal experience I’ve found their support staff to be extremely helpful and the Fact that they are regulated by ASIC helped me short list IC Markets over Armada.

Regards

I have not used IC Markets. I have been using Armada Markets around 1 month. Their commissions and spreads are lowest I have seen. I would recommend them.

IC Markets isn’t a market maker. I’ve been with IC for over six months now, and don’t have anything bad to report. They offer the tightest spread I’ve seen to date.

I am Armada Markets over 8 months and I have not got a single requote. Orders are executed within 300-400 milliseconds.

I wouldn’t judge on demo, this is a virtual environment, means trades don’t go anywhere. You can only check with real trading.

IC markets, I prefer as execution is quicker becuase equinix set up. You should check also Yadix if you want to if you looking for fast executioon and low spread.

I tried Armada Markets welcome account when I started testing them. It’s has 100% same trading conditions as on live account. So for testing purpose it’s ideal.

I personally liked Armada Market live platform after a demonstration by one of my associates. However, I have not used it myself. I think it provides very close functionality to true ECN networks. You get low spreads that keep low under abnormal conditions, you can bid inside the spread, microlots etc. If I am not wrong, it also offers fixed spreads (market maker model)…

Yes Armada Markets also offers a fix spread account.Classic accout execution is same as on Exchange account (Market execution). Only difference is that there is no commission on their classic account.

Thanks for the information. I will try Armada Markets

I have an account with ICMarkets. 2 in fact and the execution is great. I have several accounts with other brokers too but they cant beat IC Markets’ execution.

I think both Armada Markets and IC Markets are good brokers. I have accounts with both. My personal account is with Armada Markets and MAM with IC Markets.