Need scalping stratégies

you may be right - it’s not an indicator i’ve ever used!

i don’t quite follow that part, if it can still repaint on the next candle - but probably you’re right, anyway - i was only “asking”! :wink:

it’s a nice, directly-price-action-based indicator anyway, i can see - i’ll have a look at it :sunglasses:

Thanks mate. I meant that, even if the fractal is repainted after the second candle, do not consider the repainted one, just count on the fractal after one next candle.

1 Like

i hear you, thanks

i can’t prove it, of course, but my strong instinct is that that’s going to be much less reliable

since posting above i have done some research on this (what else are we supposed to do on a quiet Friday afternoon?) and learned that out of the trading platforms that have this indicator built-in, some allow you to change the setting so that the symbol prints above/below the bar with the highest/lowest high/low of “x” bars, where “x” is any odd number, and others have “x” pre-set as a fixed number of 5 (i.e. two bars before and two after the signal bar)

my very strong hunch (which, again, i can’t prove but would be astonished to be wrong) is that if you compare outcomes on an otherwise like-for-like basis, the reliability of the signal must increase as “x” increases, but in a non-linear proportionality, maybe/probably square or square-root based(???) - very interesting subject for a mathematician (i might even ask a less retired one than myself, and report back again later!)

thanks for an interesting conversation!

Have you tried trading simple price action? It has always worked… still works and always Will work.

Just open the chart, draw support and resistance.

Now see how much distance (range) there is between the SR lines you have drawn. If there is little distance, like 10-12 pips, dont trade…

If there is a nice distance, like 25 pips or more, trade. When you see price respecting support or resistance, you can trade and expect price to fill in the range. Set your stops above or below S/R… targets at Next S/R

With experience, you can apply risk management techniques, like having multiple targets, reducing risk when price goes against you, securing to breakeven or trailing stops. Risk management is the most important part of any strategy

1 Like

I can help you with crypto scalping strategies, forex is a prob;em because everything is down at HFT levels these days and you need to next to Equinix servers, most forex scalpers left the market years ago, anything above 3-5 and 7-10pip is not scalping.

Thank you for your response actually :slight_smile:

I respectfully disagree with this, this is actually a scalping strategy and gives you R/R=1. What you say is that you wanna find a wave using fractal and go with the wave. fractals can not determine a wave, because each wave includes a lot of corrections and each correction phase can make a low fractal and a high fractal, i dont know if i was clear enough.