Need to learn or a guide or mentor

I just started this trading last week and I am really interested in learning More about it and making good money with it…I am learning to trade on some offline and online books about how to trade well and i also practice the demo account with some trading apps with my phone but I get lost and confused in some or even many aspects lol… I wish I could get a good trader who can put me through the day to day lessons privately online or as a guide or mentor I guess

Welcome the Baby Pips education is very good and better than most paid courses so here is a good place to learn. I am at the screens everyday and happy to answer a question if stuck

Kind Regards

Langers

2 Likes

Babypips is super awesome. They take you from kindergarten all the way. The best for me.

2 Likes

Is a good place to start

babypips is awesome, you will find out all what you need to beguin

1 Like

Hi,

I am also new here, I just got to babypips Elementary school. I am done with Support and resistance as it is the first course in this school.

Now I wan to practice what I just learned by being able to mark the support and resistance lines on the MT4 and be able to enter a trade. I want to do this before I move on to the next topic.

1 Like

Great place to be , I do trading for a living and still learn everyday

read more and you will earn more

1 Like

You can share more detail about your lost and we can help you some advice.

1 Like

Follow Langers, (gtspeed), and watch his stuff. Real life and someone who is doing it day to day, not using old charts to make it look good.

1 Like

In our field you can afford not to depend on anyone and act as you want. I don’t even know if you should be advised or not recommended working with a mentor, because most of the successful people in this field maintain their pages and blogs and rarely do training in person, so there is a risk of getting to know a cheater. In fact, do not worry about possible mistakes, you are just beginning, give yourself some time…

1 Like

…but you don’t need any mentor, just study, learn the market and everything will work out, and so you get used to constantly depend on someone and that’s it, it certainly will not bring great and confident results, it’s a fact!

1 Like

If you are so eager to learn, I would rather recommend some courses so that you can get a good theory that you can put into practice. Plus, don’t forget about our forum, it’s always possible to learn everything you need and get good advice.

Great odark007, that is the best way to lean

1 Like

dont forget to share your experience when trading and learning

One step at a time. If you get confused, check out the lessons in the School of Pipsology. You can also ask questions here in the forums. :wink: Good luck!

1 Like

Recent thread posts on ET on the topic of trading mentors:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/trading-with-without-a-mentor.333962/page-2#post-4887336

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/trading-with-without-a-mentor.333962/page-3#post-4887727

1 Like

i typed Langer on YouTube and got this Paul Forex. Is that him?

Is gtspeed a different person ?

Am I using the right platform ?

Babypips have been great so far!

I only wish some grades had video explainers

OK, let me update you. I am currently in middle school (Leading vs. Lagging Indicators), but had to start trying out some strategies on found on YouTube.

So far I have two of them

1. uses three Exponential Moving Averages, EMA 5,15 and 60 (thanks to Babypips, I understand the fundamentals )
  2. uses two EMA and a Parabolic SAR

I do not know the type of trader I will become based on my schedule yet, but I do have my morning period free. I have also tried one strategy leveraging on the London breakout session. My time zone is GMT+1. I am yet to grasp this last strategy.