Negative Balance Protection Forex Brokers outside the EU

…If there are any -

Yes, XM has negative balance protection.

1 Like

Thanks Mordengaard

but specifically Negative Balance Protection forex brokers outside the EU still able to offer higher leverage than EU/UK forex brokers affected by the ESMA ruling, who will all have to offer Negative Balance Protection from 1/8/18.

https://www.esma.europa.eu/press-news/esma-news/esma-adopts-final-product-intervention-measures-cfds-and-binary-options

XM is London based so within the EU.

Negative Balance Protection Forex brokers not regulated by the FCA or any other EU regulator.

I’m trading from Thailand and XM is multi-regulated, so I’m not regulated by the FCA here but another regulatory body which is outside the EU. So I can trade with a maximum of 888:1 leverage and my Zero-spread account has negative-balance protection as well.

1 Like

If the broker is multi-regulated but regulated by an EU regulator like the FCA it is possible that they are not allowed to accept new UK account applicants to apply under a regulator that is outside the EU.

So people may be able to open an account with them but may be restricted to 30:1 leverage as per ESMA EU UK (FCA) requirements.

Negative Balance Protection is great.

But also important for a none EU regulated forex broker still able to offer higher leverage than 30:1 is to offer very narrow spreads on major pairs.
Besides Negative Balance protection brokers regulated outside the EU, it would also be helpful to know of none EU regulated forex brokers with very narrow spreads on major pairs even if they don’t offer Negative Balance Protection.