Neutral Broker CFD Scalping

Hi I know plenty threads on brokers and posts from scammers but some threads really old so looking for current market advice for Scalping.

A year ago I looked into Forex trading, bought books, mags, researched online and ended up choosing Plus 500 Plus +, think it was down to the easy dashboard use why I settled on them.

Used the demo account with great success
Got my account verified first
Started with free £20
But as soon as I added my own funds, I found out they were money makers!
Lost about £400 but learnt a lot.

Something has rekindled the spark to trade. I work from home as a web designer, so im able to monitor news all day and keep an eye an eye on pips as I design websites.

I prefer Forex markets from previous trade experience. I am now looking for a neutral broker who does not trade against me, or choose which trades to close out for me.

Looking at the website Shares Awards they have IG as best CFD Provider and best FX Broker as FXPro. When I search for example IG 8n Babypips forums there are negative reviews or comments.

So would love some advice on who I can trust and try as a broker? Am based in UK and will be mainly scalping Forex markets.

Many Thanks Pete

IG, Pepperstone,
i was looking at Intertrader… @SwankyP

I am too in the UK went with few dodgy ones.plus500 being the first 1 then AVA who have one of the best reviews but did not like or trust there setup either.

I was happy with LCG for a bit then they had some price glitch which i didnt like so moved to AdmiralMarkets and IG

it depends on how much your looking to deposit and how big your trades will be etc.

But it has not got many good reviews so i would say IG or Pepperstone which would be my choice at the moment.

I’m based UK, flexible on when I trade too as I work when I want to.

Try IG or Pepperstone or Admiral or dare i say LCG but i think like me you wana be looking at getting an ECN account like pepperstone Edge so after new year i will trade on pepperstone and IG.

or FXPRO if your a Watford FC FAN.

PS. All brokers will close your trades if you don’t have enough Margin left in your account

@SwankyP

1 Like

Watford :joy::joy:

Will check out Pepperstone then too.

ECN new to me if I’m honest. I’m just looking for a neutral broker that does not bid against me like a money maker and allows Scalping.

Will start by putting £100 to £200 pounds in, keeping trades low, actually use stop function. Once I double stake, will take out original stake out, that’s plan. May decide to invest say 10% of deposit per trade and go long and short to hedge.

most brokers will hedge against you to cover themselves.

look up ECN, STP, DMA Market access

With ECN you get lower spread but pay commission on trades

Depending on what instrument your trading and what your trading style is then only you can work
out what is better for you.

Just remember there is a “spread” and it widens at times.

1 Like

@SwankyP

my advice is because your in uk spreadbet is tax free

start with the minimum stake of a 0.50 forex spreadbet this is 50p per pip that is the min on AdmiralMarkets
most others and cfd’s are £1 per pip minimum.
Unless using a micro account.

i put £250 in broker and started with this and trust me you only want 1 or 2 trades open Max
with such a low starting capital you don’t have much Margin.

still i made over £100 first day and bit more Next day in 2 days i was nearly £300 up
i only made about 5 trades. So you can make money like this But
Realistically you want £1000-£5000 in your account before you start increasing your lot sizes but with patience and Discipline your 250 deposit could get you 1-2K in few weeks theoretically …!

1 Like

That’s very good, because $400 is a small price to pay to learn a lot.
The Reality is… if you were to pick pretty much any paid Trading course, it would easily cost you between $800 - $6000 if not more
and what you would learn would be relatively basic information that would result in your PROBABLY not being a successful trader, due to the short nature of these courses.

Your personal experience is worth a lot more than what these courses can instill into you…
as far as im concerned you got a bargain.

they don’t exist.
a Broker will always do what is more profitable for the broker.
sometimes that means not trading against the retail trader
sometimes that means not accepting the retail traders trade
sometimes that means trading against the retail trader
and sometimes that means not trading against the retail trader but passing the trade to another organization that will trade against the retail trader to make the money back that they paid the broker for the trade

Honest brokers don’t exist
their purpose in business is to make money by any means necessary.

all you can hope you get is a broker that doesn’t play too many games and that you can work with…
it also helps if you are not too greedy

what do you mean by this…
I mean… if you have plenty of capital and free margin, then your trades should not be closed at all unless they hit a Take profit or stop loss or you close them of if they have an expiry on them.

but, if you are talking about Margin Calls
Every broker will shut you down if you deplete your Margin for the trade
my advice… LEARN HOW MARGIN WORKS
and be aware of how much margin you are entering a trade with vs your capital

and example would be
You may have $400 account balance and you open a trade and the Nominal Margin is $20
this means YOU NEED $20 to run the trade (based on your account leverage)

but then you could choose a different instrument and your required margin is $200
now. that’s a big difference… huh
you just invested 10x more into the trade

if you want an example of this
go on demo, start with like $1,000

Open 1.0 Lot of EURUSD
and open 1.0 lot of BITCOIN

see what happens LOL
if you want to know why ??
it’s because your currency might have a leverage of 1:400 or something like that
but bitcoin has a leverage of 1:5

Now imagine the rude shock you would get if that was REAL MONEY

do it… IT’S GOOD EXPERIENCE…

so… if you don’t manage your margin correcty, YOUR BROKER WILL SHUT YOU DOWN make no mistake about it
it’s the brokers way of saying
"you clearly don’t know what you’re doing, so … i’m not going to lose money , even if you are."

you can’t trust any of them
THERE IS NO TRUST IN FOREX

i spoke to a guy a few days ago,
his broker stuffed him over
he said something like “I gave them my loyalty and look what they did”

Mate… there’s no loyatly, there is no trust towards your broker
it’s a pure business relationship
you use them to your advantage and they use you to their advantage
it is our responsibility to use them as we can
and there’s to use us as they can

what does this mean…
it means RISK MANAGEMENT

tha’ts the best advice you’re gonna get

@anon81929759

Thanks for your comments.

Yes losing £400 has taught me a lot and hope to learn from mistakes.

Neutral broker, thanks for advise, yes perhaps being honest the wrong word, but agree playing games hits the nail on the head defo.

I am going to sign up with these 3 companies and try the demos and see how i get on.

• Pepperstone
  • IG
  • Admiral Markets

Regards Pete

awesome
i have not tried Admiral Markets
but i think , at the very least, you’ll have good results with the other 2.

let us know how you go