Never hurts to ask!

Hi everybody, I am a very new to the forex market and yes i have lots and lots of question about it. I made a demo account on forex.com and downloaded their software.

My question is that when i press "sell", am I selling the dollor and getting the other currency in return and "buy" is buying my dollor back or its the more obvious one of "buy" means buying the other currencing and "sell" means selling it. I know its a very stupid question but i just want to know.

It depends what the base pair is. If, for instance, you’re trading the EUR/USD, when you press buy you’re buying EUR and selling USD, and vice versa. If you’re trading the USD/JPY, when you buy, you’re buying USD and selling JPY.

Welcome ice,

No it’s not a stupid question. In a sense you’re not really buying or selling any currency…you’re buying or selling the exchange rate of the 2 currencies when they go up or down in value compared to each other.

Buying means you think the exchange rate of the 1st currency will go up in value against the 2nd currency in the pair. (conversley, the 2nd currency will go down in value)

Selling means you think the exchange rate of the first 1st currency will go down in value against the 2nd currency in the pair (conversely, the 2nd currency will go up in value).

Anymore questions?.. just ask away :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I am gona go to school section and learn about the actual forex trading. I opened a demo account and was just playing with it before I really learn to trade. Thanks again.

What is my activation ID?And do you think about forexclub.com,please don’t give me advise if you don’t know about us this question for people who traded with account of forexclub.com