Never pay for advice or education

Lol… And don’t forget the smart phones… specially the Pink cover phones :wink:

Like this…

Every single sticky note in that picture says the same thing?

“Don’t gamble, trading is not gambling, gambling is for idiots” lol

Sometimes I use a red pen when I don’t follow the other 5 I’ve written…

Why your desk looks so dark? Lol

I disagree with the OP. There is no harm in paying for genuine Forex education. By genuine I mean the true education where you are not promised a quick get rich scheme. Not every teacher is Marketeer. I agree the majority of the so called Gurus are fake and just want to loot money from the new traders by selling their systems etc but like I said there are nice people too. There are some valuable books out there which obviously come for a price so paying for them is not a bad idea. The way I see it if someone is giving you his precious time and charge a nominal fee than there is no harm paying it as you are getting valuable education out of it.

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;521000”]

Why your desk looks so dark? Lol[/QUOTE]

I have all the windows closed… Scared of skin cancer. My mouse is hard to hold on to with as much sun screen I have lathered on.

Okay…thats weird…lol… You need a sunlight so you can get tan!

“Never argue with an idiot; he will bring you down to his level and win from experience.”

Two screens don’t make you a trader.

Yeah of course trader can learn better by himself/herself. Trader can develop their trading skills and knowledge if proper learning is being done by proper training in demo account or by taking the guide from expert traders.

[QUOTE=“westpest;521015”]

“Never argue with an idiot; he will bring you down to his level and win from experience.”

Two screens don’t make you a trader.[/QUOTE]

Two screens allow you to trade and respond to forums at the same time no?

Dude, who said anything about teaching for the money??

The $300 fee is NOT the prime objective. The objective is purpose/challenge/mastery/part-philanthropy/self-actualization/utilizing talent to the fullest.

If I’m making that much ($75k+), why would I put it out (MyFXB or whatever)? I’d adopt a take it or leave it attitude, my work would speak for itself, I’m not trying to prove anything to anybody…

And even if I had a ‘small’ live account (again in the public domain) for proof, what good would that do? Guys would just copy trades and not bother with learning at all, know?

I appreciate your points, and like your thread, you definitely know what you’re doing. I don’t dig your method, I don’t even try to, I have one that works seriously well for me. But I follow because it’s always great seeing a master at work (in whatever endeavor, be it basketball, music or trading). But it’s clear that the whole being a Sensei thing is not appealing to you, and so you see it from the other side…

So I respectfully say we agree to disagree, without making blanket statements like TheLastBear started off with…

Cheers

The point of the live account is proof that the trader is not a scammer (since there are so many scammers). You wouldn’t copy trades no - I would expect that some traders would hide their open history to protect their positions. Again, the point is for the tennis coach to prove they can play tennis reasonably before they can give lessons.

[QUOTE=“dudest;521026”]

Dude, who said anything about teaching for the money??

The $300 fee is NOT the prime objective. The objective is purpose/challenge/mastery/part-philanthropy/self-actualization/utilizing talent to the fullest.

[/QUOTE]

Once an instructor takes money from an individual… He owes that individual his time and effort. He is making a commitment to WORK for that individual, essentially taking on another JOB. I don’t ever see someone who is making all the money he needs taking on that sort of inconvenience… Anyone who has seen how demanding ICTs followers got would understand this… He was not even charging and people had huge entitlement complexes.

I get the objectives you mentioned as to why someone may want to teach… But to someone whose entirely self sustained financially… You would fulfill these objectives without charging, thereby you aren’t under any obligations that accepting people’s money would put you under. Why would you since money is no issue? Again, philanthropy doesn’t come with a price tag…

It’s not hard to pick and choose people who you see have desire and aptitude without using a fee to “weed” out the un-motivated… That’s actually an excuse I’ve seen for a scammer trying to justify the fees for his trading room… “Oh I don’t need this money… Just making sure you guys have skin in the game!” LOL!!! Two weeks later the guy disappeared with the money… If you were around this forum a year ago i’ll give you a hint who he was… He supposedly drove a yellow porsche.

And this is all still besides the point that EVERYTHING you need to know to be successful in this market is easily accessibly for free online… If you have two stores next to each other… One store only has one price tag, “free”, but its goods are not packaged in fancy, eye catching packaging… The other store gets all of its products for free at the store next door… Repackages them… And sells them for hundreds of dollars. How can you tell other people that it is a good idea to go to the one selling the fancy packaged goods versus going to get it for free at the store next door?

Because in the free shop once you take the packages home you find they are consist of fecal matter 99% of the time. Yes - in the fancy shop you have a second hand salesman selling the same packages again, composed of fecal matter.

However, you want to have go to the shop which has all the decent stuff on display in nice glass cabinets unless you are smart enough to be able to pick out the packages yourself without opening them.

To be honest I don’t think many people have the aptitude for trading (because they are simply without putting it very nicely since I never do - too stupid). They cannot tell the difference is between fecal matter and an ipad even when they take it home, unwrap the packaging, and take a big sniff.

However, a decent coach or teacher can hammer a fairly stupid person into shape to pass an exam, have a half decent backhand (again, only if the teacher can trade and is a decent trader and the student is not a moron).

[QUOTE=“JackMarkets;521033”]
However, a decent coach or teacher can hammer a fairly stupid person into shape to pass an exam, have a half decent backhand (again, only if the teacher can trade and is a decent trader and the student is not a moron).[/QUOTE]

Lol… I think it was Master Tang who brought up the million dollar trader series on YouTube as an example of how, even in a rigid environment where formal QUALITY training was given to people who were very motivated and interested to learn… If the person didn’t have the aptitude, no amount of back handing made a difference.

I saw that show - I don’t think they really got particularly good training. Anton Kreil encouraged them to “keep a book” and make trades, even when the most sensible thing was to sit on your hands and stay out of the market (the 2008 crisis was kicking in at that time - but yes, it was for the sake of television).

It also seemed as if they were encouraged to day trade and place a lot of trades for the sake of television and they were trading shares with no leverage through a telephone commission. And they started off with about £20k each and were making trades of a maximum £5000 with telephone commission (about £40 per side or 2% of their total trade size) and day trading it! Along with spread that is absolutely insane, imo its really difficult to make money in day trading non leveraged shares with that edge against you.

They were also taught to ‘hedge all their trades’ (there was a long angry rant by Anton to one of their traders for not hedging one of his trades because that was too exposed) despite the market crashing in one direction (when the markets crashed - sell banks but buy what? - obviously the sensible thing was to just short and not buy anything but they weren’t allowed to do that) - which was obviously not the best idea.

yeah, that show was designed for those “students” to fail… for entertainment. So big traders could justify their 7-figure incomes and say “look, the average joe can’t do what I can, so let me have my money in peace!”

Morality be damned!

maximum brokers supply free resource to learn about forex for newbie. So why should anyone spend money for learn forex?

Ditto! People just need to stop being lazy start grabbing books or read legit site on the internet and just teach themselves.