Never pay for advice or education

[QUOTE=“Jezzode;525407”]

Sure, spot tested 2006 and 2008 and then consistently from 2010,2011,2012 to now[/QUOTE]

It’s worth spending the time to test 2005,2006, 2007 and 2008… Especially if you are going to be using it on a $20,000 account.

I agree, that’s the plan anyway over the next six months, actually want to get 10 years down on paper for a solid all round view of performance.

My apologies. If you look at my other posts normally lots of paragraphs. I’ll do better this time. :smiley:

The biggest mistake most people make is before they come into trading. They think trading is like going through the drive through and picking something off the menu. It’s quick it’s fast (in most cases) and in no time you’re back on the road. Trading like all professions, businesses, or whatever else you want to label it is not quick and fast, but a slow and continuous learning process. People think patience and discipline only comes into play once they start trading, but it starts the same day you decide you want to be a trader. You’re right time is money, but again how do you make a good decision on something when you don’t have a clue what makes the info good or bad. People would find if they took a little more time in the beginning to get prepared and learn the basics, they would save a lot of time and money in the end.

I also agree with you about successful traders and why they would teach instead of or continue trading. Besides that some people genuinely want to give back , the reason in most cases why people don’t believe other people would ever do something like that, is because they wouldn’t. “Worthless” is like many of the words used in the forex such as: always, never, pointless, my advice; just depends on what side of the fence you’re standing on. What’s that saying; “one person’s junk, is another person’s treasure”

That sums up my feelings about Fibonacci levels in trading:32:

ah, a fellow fib trader, finally :wink:

Does “never pay for advice/education” also mean never buy a book? Never overpay for educations seems better advice.

There’s no need to buy books… Everything you need is online for free.

are you so sure of that? the "secret is the right 3 or 4 books…what you are essentially saying is no one can teach you anything…i disagree

[QUOTE=“pippuppet;525609”]are you so sure of that? the "secret is the right 3 or 4 books…what you are essentially saying is no one can teach you anything…i disagree[/QUOTE]

Yes I am sure that everything you need to know to be successful in this market can be found online for free… I am not saying that no one can teach me anything… I’m saying everything I need to be taught is online for free.

Preach Bear preach…halleluliah!!! Please people listen and stop throwing your money on empty promises!!! Enough already

You might buy book for education. And this type of pay is always acceptable than waste money by drinks or others.

Agree absolutely - ‘never pay for advice or education’ is not a good advice, even it’s free.

There are honorary people as decribed above, there are excellent and good books etc. - as well as there is the opposite of this. Problem for a newbie always is to judge, what is good, bringing him forward and what not. This is the same with forums and any free tools. We all know, what it means, that your friend broker xyz of course let you trade for ‘free’.

josch

“Why would he go out of his way and market his course or service rather than spend the time trading and then enjoying the benefits of his successful trading?”

I Agree 100% , this is true for many of the advice getting sold on the internet.

Never pay for advice or education…well, it depends. Like ok, while you are only learning it is true. You don’t pay for things that are available all around internet for free! Like school here on babypips. But when you start going deeper into the market it won’t help you anymore. So it all depends of the level of your engagement in Forex. If you want to invest like 2 million USD, you might pay a bit to a person who will keep you from the most common mistakes. Although, since I have never had 2 million to invest, i never paid to any of those people. I have never even bought a Forex related book. :21:

If I ever saw someone investing $2M making basic mistakes then they need shooting.

Free forex education: (I wish there was a way to disguise the video :cool:)

Not if it confuses you, or the author of that book never ever made a penny from trading and he tries to "teach " you with his invalid theories which would never work, only so that he can sell his book and become rich while you lose your investments.

But all the author of the book wants to be popular by their book and wants to increase their sell. So if i wont get much more of my expectation, so why i will continue with him and why i will spend my money to buy his/her book. So author of the book is also a great fact.

Your example makes no sense, either you have two million and know what you are doing or you don’t have two million because you are clueless (yes, there are people who were handed the money or won the lottery, but those will end up with a loss as well as they have no idea how to manage money). As Jezzode said, if you have no clue and you trade two million making basic mistakes…well read his response :slight_smile:

I don’t understand why it is so hard for people to understand paying for Forex education. People pay for cooking classes, Piano classes, computer classes so why not paying for Forex? If someone is offering you his time and valuable tuition then he deserves a nominal fee for that. Not everybody out there is a scammer. We don’t mind paying school or college fee so why it is not advisable to pay someone who is offering you his services in Forex?