New from Alberta, Canada

Omg has there been an instance where the client did not like the cut? And what did you say/do after? Sometimes when I get mine cut, even if I don’t like it, I just say I do lol.

I bet that’s way more lucrative!

It happens, but I think it happens less as you develop a clientele that you can specialize in. It definitely makes me unhappy when they aren’t happy but a good consultation helps, although some customers are just hard to make happy. Sometimes they might have issues with their own self image and that can make it hard to give them a cut they like too. Usually I can fix my mistakes though and still make a good finished look that they’re happy with even if it isn’t exactly what they were thinking because I know how to do good cuts and styles anyway, and at least I had a professional idea in mind. This is a good thread about it: reddit/r/AskReddit/comments/ag5tc1/hairdressers_of_reddit_do_you_notice_when_your/

I had to take out the .com on that post because I can’t post links yet.

I think there can be more money in doing women’s hair generally if you target it right, but honestly there are barbers who make a ton of money and lots of women’s hairdressers who don’t, so I wouldn’t necessarily say one is more lucrative than the other.

Oof I bet! I have photographer friends and those with issues with their self image are very hard to photograph!

OMG:

That is hilarious and I honestly wouldn’t know what to tell them!

I guess if you get a lot of clients who dye their hair? What would be the most expensive cut/service men would get?