New FX website (TheFXSet) is up and running again

Hello fellow pipsters!

TheFXSet is up and running again and I have written a few

articles that may interest you:

http://www.thefxset.com/blog/

Check out the main page, with lots of great currency comparison
heat maps to see how different currencies correlate and what
various indicators show in terms of possible direction.

Thanks for checking it!

PipMeHappy

1 Like

Five clicks in a day! Good start…

Any comments?

Do you like the look of the site? The content?

Cheers

PipMeHappy

Hello Peeps!

My new video is up:

http://www.thefxset.com/2018/07/12/eurusd-analysis/

Analysis of Euro positioning through volume in Euro fx futures and Euro COT data…

May be worth a look :slight_smile:

Ps: I have shared my trading here before, so I see nothing different… Yes there is a website now where I post things, but I do exactly what I did on my YouTube channel.

As for charts, there are pros who use them and pros who do not, so I think it is a moot issue

I never said ‘follow me and you will get rich’, so there is no luring of newbies here. But I do revisit previous videos from time to time to see if what I had analysed panned out in the long term.

As Danielle DiMartino, former advisor to the Dallas Fed bank, said in her interviews, analysts should be traders and be accountable when they get their forecasts wrong. If someone wants to pull me up on an old video that I made and say that my forecasts were wrong, I would be very happy to hear from such a person.

In the end, I am doing this to share but also to become a better trader myself.

I checked this out on my mobile phone, but wanted to do it on my PC before I commented back. I think it’s great anytime someone takes their experience and knowledge and finds a way to get it out to the broader trading community. Sharing your experience, knowledge, techniques, etc. can only make the trading community, and trading individual stronger. I personally still follow at least half a dozen other traders. I am sure in 10 years when I am trading a 1 million dollar plus sized account, I will still be following as many or more, because I find strength in learning from others. I think it is just as, if not more valuable as I become more experienced. It allows me to continue to hone my skills and challenge my own thinking.

1 Like

Hello traders!

I published a new video on TheFXSet!

Here is the link:

http://www.thefxset.com/2018/07/19/british-pound-july-2018-update-fundamentaltechnical/

Take a look and let me know what you think!

Happy trading
PipMe

2 Likes

First of all let me say that all analysis videos are better when the person has your type of accent, haha. This is compared to someone like me to who has northern US/Canadian nasally style accent :joy:

Now onto the meat of it, I enjoyed your video. I will say that I don’t do anything with fundamentals, but I did find a lot of what you said interesting. You covered volume, session overlap, rates, etc. all of which were explained in a clear manner and a lot of which I found very interesting. I am not sure if/how any of that could fit into my current trading regiment but growth in a traders skills are built on continuous education and continuous challenge of ones existing beliefs and knowledge. So I find that watching other trader’s analysis provides that vehicle for me to both grow and challenge myself.

Are you posting videos on tradingview? If so, let me know your handle so I can follow. You may be able to get an audience on trading view and generate some traffic to your website that way.

I also want to ask you more about the heat map, because I don’t quite understand how it works. I don’t have time to get into it right now, but I will post my questions here, once I am more available to do so.

Great job!

3 Likes

@krugman25 Thank you so much, your comments are really encouraging!! This means a lot, so thank you for taking the time to view the video and also to write your review here.

I have just asked the website / brand creator/owner, who has coded all the currency heatmaps that you asked about, whether we could be present on TradingView, following your suggestion: I will wait to see what she thinks and take her lead. Thank you for your idea, it is much appreciated.

Regarding the heatmaps, if you hover over the ‘i’ they explain how they work… A similar type of heatmap can be found in the Oanda website Currensee Correlation | OANDA (Currensee was a company that Oanda bought over, by the way). . . The heatmap set-up on TheFXSet is very similar to that, just more focused on FX, obviously.

I am glad that you found the video interesting/helpful, and I will post more links here in due course.

PS: funny that I actually think that North American accents make trading videos sound more authoritative and credible haha

2 Likes

My pleasure. And thank you for the analysis. I know that it takes work and time to put thoughtful analysis together like that.

I don’t know if you would be interested in this but if you create a video in TV, you can very easily embed it into your website. Kind of like if you created a YouTube video and then embedded that into your website. If/when I someday do my own website, that is likely what I would do.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I will certainly check it out! I am big on correlations and I see that is a part of the heat map graphic. Props on the graphic by the way, it is very sharp and modern looking. It fits the style of modern day web graphics.

Haha, isn’t that funny how we view our own and others accents.

1 Like

Thanks Aaron,

we will look into it!!

1 Like