New FXCM Mobile App for Android

Hi Folks,

I have been using the new FXCM app for my Android now for a couple of weeks. I wanted to take a moment to congratulate Jason and the FXCM team on this new tool. To put it simply, it is a night and day difference from the previous release. For those of you that are desktop trading station users, I think most would agree that it is a top notch application, so when I first downloaded the mobile app several months ago, I was expecting a positive experience. To be candid, the previous FXCM mobile app was a major disappointment. It was slow, buggy, and very feature limited. The charts were practically unusable.

What a pleasant surprise it was to install and use the new version (I’m on 1.2.050912 for Android).

It isn’t just a new paint job, it appears they’ve re-coded the app from the ground up. It has a great new dashboard on the top of the quote screen that shows your balance, equity, gross P/L, margin etc. When you open a chart, it’s easy to read, and very simply to change timeframe views. The screen to buy/sell and set stop/limit orders is also very intuitive. Best of all…everything from the quotes, to the charts, to simply moving between screens is extremely quick and responsive. While the old app I probably would have rated a 2 out 10, this is more like a 9 out of 10. Bottom line, is that I’m now using this on a daily basis…

Kudos to the FXCM mobile app team!

Appreciate the feedback, MLT :smiley: Glad to hear you like our new mobile platform

I’ll be sure to let the programmers know

Jason

Hi Everyone,

Below are links to User Guides for FXCM Trading Station Mobile. We have versions of the platform for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets.

[B][ul]
[li]FXCM US Trading Station Mobile User Guide for iPhone and Android phones
[/li][li]FXCM UK Trading Station Mobile User Guide for iPhone and Android phones
[/li][li]FXCM US Trading Station Mobile User Guide for iPad and Android tablets
[/li][li]FXCM UK Trading Station Mobile User Guide for iPad and Android tablets
[/li][/ul]
[/B]

If you have any additional questions about FXCM Trading Station Mobile, feel free to post them in this thread.

Jason

I bought an iPad strictly so that i could trade while not at home + needing internet via mobile… i’ve gotta say, it’s absolutely perfect! the only thing i’d suggest is to be able to move the stop loss directly from the charts instead of having to type in the approximate area… then again it’s FAR greater than using pen and paper and telephone style trading!

Ps, i’m trying to open a live account with FXCM friedburg direct as a Canadian citizen but am hearing that i will most likely not get approved as i am an Albertan resident… is this true? If so, is there any way around it? i.e. list a different mailing address or go through FXCM UK? please help me out!

thanks again,

PJ

Hi PJ,

The programmers will be pleased to hear you like the Trading Station for iPad. Retail investors in Alberta cannot trade in the forex market, because the regulations of the Alberta Securities Commission only allow accredited investors in Alberta to trade forex. Residents of other provinces in Canada can open an account through Friedberg Direct at www.fxcm.ca.

If you have a residence outside Canada, then you can open an account through FXCM UK or FXCM US by submitting a copy of a proof of residence for that address.

Jason

Hi PJ,

The programmers are currently working on adding functionality to the mobile platform so you can trade directly off the charts. I’ll keep you posted on that. In the meantime, I wanted to let everyone know that we just released an update on Apple App Store and Google Play (Android Market) for Trading Station Mobile phones and tablets to include new language options. The platform now supports English, Chinese(Simple), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Greek, Russian and Turkish. Your phone or tablet will not force you to update the program, so to make sure you have the latest version, go under Settings and make sure you have Version 1.4.080712.

Have a great weekend :cool:

Jason