New Girl From Boston, Mass, USA

Hey guy My name is Madeleine. I’m 25 years old, recently graduated college but due to COVID plans changed. My cousin introduced me to Forex but he is using IM academy. I signed up with them but then I had a bad experience so I’m taking my chances with BabyPips, Udemy, and other sites. I want to learn how to become a great FOREX trader as a side hustle, So I can retire early. Right now I’m currently doing a class on Udemy but I am confused about certain things so I figure I can come to BabyPips for supplemental help.

1 Like

Thanks for the intro and welcome! Trading is a very lonely (and boring) profession. Watch everything you can on YouTube for free, and open a demo account, for free. Mess around with a few different platforms and then throw a few hundred dollars in (fully expecting to lose it all)

Money lost early in the game needs to be viewed as a form of tuition.

If you’re serious- don’t ever give up and things will click eventually.

2 Likes

Hi Madelene, welcome to babypis.
Start with Pipsology classes, very informative and easy to understand. I am also beginner and learning from babypips school and started trading with demo. I hope you’ll find babypips very informative.

1 Like

Hi Madeleine - welcome in.

In ths world

you can have anything you want - But you can’t have Everything you want.

We already know what you want, but now it is up to you to decide what exactly you are prepared to sacrifice to achieve that.

To become a profitable trader, quite a lot of work has to be done - I suggest you spend a few hours over a few days - going through similar threads- just reading the advice given by various “oldies” to newbies similar to yourself over the last ten years or so - and making notes on paper - many of those posts detail what others have given up as payment for their success - or even, without achieving success, because despite what you may have been told - success is really quite rare in this particular form of gambling !

1 Like

Welcome and hello @Madeleine94 from another Baystater!

There’s a lot of great info on babypips. I would suggest making the good use of the search function.

Based on my mistakes I would recommend getting a really good handle on risk management, understanding margin, free margin proper position size and cutting losses early.

This sounds like common sense but it’s so easily said and much harder done.

And read, read, read, demo, demo, demo!

Good luck and welcome!

KC

Welcome :slight_smile:

I think it being boring is arguably the goal isn’t it? The same monotonous analysis, execution of your strategy and results. If it is exciting I’d argue you are probably doing it wrong haha

Maybe for some. There are people out there who think it’s a rush to trade- when in reality its more akin to being a police officer. A ton of downtime, not a lot going on - routine days. And then a flurry of madness that evaporates as quickly as it came.

I treat it like hunting.

Hello and welcome :wave:

Hi, Madeleine your welcome to babypips forum,as a newbie in forex there are much misleading information on YouTube,filter what You read unless the whole sh**t will be boring and unattractive.as you go through babypips I like to recommend you to JAY-wayne on take profit on YouTube is a great guy.!

Hi I’m Gabrielle 22 years old and new too. Its seems we have the same goal lol.

Yes I have started with the classes , and I am also doing Forex A-Z at Udemy . Good luck to you also friend . Thanks for the advice .

Thank you so much , I’m so grateful for the youtube channel recommendation . I have been looking for YouTubers to follow that knows what they are doing . I will check him out .

Hey Gabrielle good luck on your Forex journey . I know we can do it . Are you using anything else besides Babypips?

Hello, Thanks for the wonderful welcome . Thanks for letting me know what to expect . Thank you for all the tips , I will keep them all in mind . I don’t mind boring if it will help me become financially independent lol.

Will do , Thanks for the advice . Eager to learn !

Hey Baystate family Thank you so much . Your advice was awesome , because you gave me specific things to look out for . Thank you , I will work on all of those things .

It’s good to have goals (e.g. financial independence), but don’t waste precious mindspace on them- focus on the process and the results will come. Things really don’t ever stop “clicking” and everyone travels their own path with their own timeline. The real lessons come when the real money is lost.

1 Like

So far I am going through babypips school of pipsology and I read a lot of advice from the Forex subreddit and Forex factory. Along with watching no nonsense Forex you tube videos. I haven’t found any other resources past those yet.

@Madeleine94 & @youremypersonnn. Welcome ladies! I’m constantly amazed at how smart and diligent your generation is.

First, it will be difficult to become a “great FOREX trader” if you treat it as a side hustle. Like Falstaff mentioned, it takes a lot of work to become a profitable trader.

There is usually an easy but not ideal path to learning a new skill and a more difficult but better path to mastering a skill. I chose the latter when I started my journey over 3 years ago and I’m really glad I did.

My suggestion to you both, if you care to traverse the more difficult but ultimately also more rewarding path, is to learn to trade the naked chart, without the use of indicators, diagonal trend lines, channels, geometric shapes, or anything other than horizontal support and resistance regions. Learn to read Market Structure and price action to trade clean, clutter free charts and you will be glad you did. You will undoubtably struggle at first but once you get the hang of it, trading becomes simple. Here are 2 YouTube channels that I recommend you study.

Wishing both of you amazing success in the markets!

1 Like