New here - looking to learn

Hi!
I am a student, and I enjoy learning very difficult things in my spare time. A friend of mine suggested I try Forex and it seems to have a learning curve which interests me!

I don’t know if I will earn money, or what I will do - but educating myself has been very gratifying itself, and Forex seems to be something complicated enough to keep my mind occupied for some time!

Hope to see you around the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you willing to learn Forex with patience , i think you have chosen the right Forum, just keep focus and cool when learning and always remember there is no short cut way of learning , you must have to pass a long time in here.

1 Like

welcome to this community , feel free to ask any question you need to know , happy learning.

2 Likes

The fastest way to learn is to ask questions. Doing so you can expect to get back some information which would require weeks or months for you to gather on your own. Another question is how to tell apart wrong and correct advice - I believe it comes with experience, but at least you will get something because forum is the place created exactly for this purposes.
Have you already chosen a broker for demo trading?

1 Like

Sent you a message with the truth.

1 Like

I’d love to have been a fly on THAT wall!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

Thank you!
I have not chosen a broker for demo trading yet! I am very interested im playing around with a demo account, but I probably won’t use money for some time. Just having fun learning :slight_smile:
Do you recommend anything?

1 Like

be continue in demo trading until having 50 successful trade, use all trading strategies and leverage, this approach will help you more when kick off a real account.

1 Like

as a new Fx trader consistent successful trade is much difficult , i don’t recommend it. just try to control greed and emotions , that’s all.

1 Like

50 successful trade can make any beginner more confident when in a real account , but in practical its quite difficult and impossible.

not impossible task but quite difficult , but they have to trade seriously in demo

Forex trading has not quite good reputation because the industry is full of fraud which advertise it as easy way to make money. Of course it’s not true, I would even say its outright lie. It’s very hard to start earning there at constant basis but still possible, after 2-3 years of practice and study.

I would recommend you to read book from Blanchard - Macroeconomics 7 edition, it will help you to grasp basic concepts about fundamental analysis though this application of the book doesn’t explicitly stated in it.

1 Like

Welcome to Babypips.
You are doing the right thing just by being here and not giving money to scammers online who promise riches!
Learn and Learn and Learn first! Lots to learn!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! I hope you’re also enjoying your stay here. Good luck!

1 Like

Welcome to babypips @AustralianPipster! I’m using oanda for my demo account. Did you finish the school here? :blush:

1 Like

thank you!

I am just coming up to an exam period - I will finish the school here after finishing this term of University :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck to you in all your future projects regarding Forex and thanks in advance for understanding this totally. You have a very big learning curve to make it worthwhile in the long run. Try our Pipsology, you will be more than happy to do so.

I see. Good luck! :blush: