New in the house

Hi everyone, I’m new in this community. I’m here to learn more, always good to keep learning to keep earning. I’ve travelled all my life, lived in more than a few countries and reside in my home country, UK by the beach whoop whoop. I’m an artist in my real life ! physical and NFT’s
I would love for trading to be my full time career to enable me to live somewhere new like Barbados!
Drop by, say hi and tell me a little bit about yourself.

Hey hey, welcome! Also a noob. I’ve been trading live since the start of the year. Lost about 30% the first month. Now my wins are coming a bit more consistent. Working on getting my losses smaller. I’m in the US. Don’t know if I loke being a scalper or swing trader more. Maybe my winning trades will get me there.

What’s your trading experience?

1 Like

Hey man!
Welcome to the BP. I’m curious about your art. You think you can show me some of them?

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Your life must be exciting with all that travel experience and being an artist! Do you have a favorite country or place that you’ve visited so far?

Good luck on your trading journey!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, from a fellow UK resident! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Welcoooome! :blush: Would definitely be nice to eventually become a profitable trader and live in a beautiful place like Barbados or Maldives. :sweat_smile: I’m from the Philippines! But I’m excited cause there might be a chance we’ll get to visit UK next year! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Only visit the UK if you like getting taxed. The government tax the ■■■■ out of everyone and everything over here, and then they wonder why people are poor.

1 Like

Oh no. :frowning: Even for tourists? :frowning: Thanks for the heads up though! Might need to adjust our savings target to have enough money for the taxes. :sweat:

1 Like

Everything has taxes already applied to it. Most products are taxed at 20%.

1 Like

Now I’m wondering just how much we’ll have to spend for a 3-day vacation in London. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Depends on what your planning to do. This web site gives you a good idea of what to expect when paying for stuff in London:

Cost of Living in London. Sep 2023. Prices in London (numbeo.com)

2 Likes

Super thank you for this Pauley! :blush: Looks like a very helpful tool, and the comment are also interesting to read. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think on the site you can put in your own town/country and also your own currency and it will compare the prices in London to home.

@LadyEtherealNess sorry, we seem to have highjacked your thread!

3 Likes

Hey there thanks for being the first to stop by.
Oh my trading experience is varied. I worked in investment banking for 2 decades in the city of London, mainly support roles, broker roles, and in money markets. Ive been a traders assistant and worked on the spot desk but its nothing like trading with brokerage accounts. Everything is so much more visible its almost impossible to lose a trade. Weird !
So I’ve dabbled on my own for the past year, i really enjoy it, being creative i naturally see patterns, especially when I zoom out. I guess swing trading has been easy for me but scalping not so.

Thanks and hi back.
Sure lets see what i have ….
Oh I dont see how i can add an attachment

Thank you. Hey there :wave:t3:
I loved living in Antigua, loved and hated my time in Bangkok, so many stories.
I think my favourite place in the Caribbean, it has the perfect amount of chill, heat, vibe, great people and great food.

Thank you fellow UK er :uk: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::wave:t3:

Hey hows you ? Thanks for stopping by. Ive never been to the Philippines or the Maldives. I traveled round Thailand, Singapore, Cambodia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Laos then down to Sydney.
I do Love :heart: London though, I can never get bored of London, such a great city.
I hope you do make it and really enjoy it.

Its all good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Welcome to the community, @LadyEtherealNess. Good luck on your trading journey.

1 Like