New laptop Recommendations

Hi guys,

I am looking at purchasing a new laptop to support my trading as my old one is lagging and causing problems whilst I demo. I want to ensure I have a suitable laptop in place for when I go live. I would love to know which ones you guys are using and any recommendations on spec, brand etc.

Many Thanks
Rich

1 Like

I use a Macbook Pro 15" 2.5Ghz i7 core processor with 8GB of Ram and 516Gb hard drive. I run parrallels 15 as a virtual machine with windows 10. I trade with TradeStation version 10 and Track N Trade trading software.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Blackduck

Hi, laptop with Windows OS is easyiest to use, you don’t need installing other programs to use MetaTrader . I have HP with i5 and 32 GB RAM, I using EA in trading so I have VPS for trading. Regards Greg

This could also depend on what platform you’re using. Is it installed on your laptop like MT4, or are you using an online platform like TradingView? Another very important component would be your internet connection, since brokers link to all of these platforms you need a stable connection.

Thanks for your reply Matty, it is Mt4 I am using.

Thank you very helpful.

Thanks Blackduck, does MT4 work with the Macbooks?

I believe that MT4 will work on a Mac but I think it depends on what your broker offers.

Nevertheless it doesn’t matter if you go for a Mac or a PC you will need at least an intell i7 processor and a 15" screen. An i5 processor is too slow and a 13" screen is a bit small.

Just my opinion.

I recommend you to buy something from ASUS, business line of theirs, I do not know about the models I mean all that crazy details and such, but I really can tell you that may need something like you know - SSD and fast memory of DDR4 with high rates.