New School of Pipsology

Well done !
I am going to skim through it, might acquire some extra notes :smiley:

Really a educative and informative post, the post is good in all regards,I am glad to read this post.

Going to school again to find out how those new features work! :stuck_out_tongue:

THANKS!!!

Best regards
:cool:

“Me quedaré, me quedaré, siempre cubano me quedaré…”

looks nice, too bad the end of each section no longer has the quizes. Taking the quizes makes you think about what you just read, and also lets you know if you retained/comprehended the section or if you need to go back and re-read the section…

@Julie - Thanks for pointing that out! We’ve already fixed this over the weekend. :smiley: Very observant!

@cubanpip2010 - Yep! You’ll get used to that right away don’t worry! It’s a pretty nifty feature!

@MyForexLife - The pip quizzes we’ll have to figure out! In the meantime though, you can join us on Facebook and Twitter! We do our weekly pop quizzes in there. On Twitter, you even get $5 if you give the first correct answer. :wink:

When do you think you will bring the section quizes back? I was really hoping for them more than anything else, just to confirm that I know what I think I do.

Hey! I know how you feel! A lot of people have also been asking for the same thing. I’ll get back to you once I hear back from the team responsible for this. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, and is there anyway that I can get a PDF of the school?

Hey there!

We’ve said this to another forum member here but see, the School of Pipsology is something we really spent time working on. Countless of hours and research were spent to make that all come together. The best way for you guys to support it is to go to our website and read it from there! :slight_smile: It’s free anyway! :wink:

We also have a few PDFs out there that you might want to look at.

You can view them here:
BabyPips.com Presentations Channel

I hope that helps!

Ananais

I know it is better to support the site by comming to it, but I do my best to not be tied to a computer… I do most of my trading from my phone becuase I find I am more successful that way… It would just be kinda nice to get the book.

I do have the 2006 version that I bought from here a long time ago, so if you know what has changed that would also take care of it… :slight_smile:

boo yeah! thank you for this! looks cool!

Dear Ananais,

Please fix that damn sliding thing! — No, we’re not getting used to it!

Here’s what you can do:

Add a button to it which says FREEZE.

When we click the button, that annoying box goes back to the top of the page AND STAYS THERE.

The community has spoken! We hate that thing!

I have to agree with Clint. Also why have that always in the users face, the user should be focusing on the content of the page. Not to mention I can garauntee that lowers you click rate, as the eye is constantly distracted to the left of the page (your ads are on the right side of the page). Do some AB testing with it moving and with it not moving, I think you would be surprised how many clicks that thing moving is costing you.

All right guys! I hear ya!

I made a new thread asking for everyone’s opinion of the navigation bar: 301 Moved Permanently

Please take part in that poll so we get a better sense of how our community really feels. :slight_smile:

I have already brought this issue up to our engineers and hopefully the poll results give us just what we need!

Thank you guys for your feedback. We truly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

yes i have the same feedback.

but on the whole, it’s a great & awesome effort by the team~ :slight_smile:

Hey everyone!

Not sure if you guys have noticed but we’ve updated our navigation bar! It’s no longer as annoying. :slight_smile:

It still follows you but it doesn’t keep moving anymore - it just stays at the top of the screen. What do you guys think of this?

The other thing about supporting the site by comming to it, Many of us use adblocking software such as adblock plus for Firefox. I never turn mine off becuase I have been bit by spyware in the ads to many times. So you dont get any revenue from us coming to the site, therefore our way of supporting y’alls works is to simply buy the PDF… As I remember it was something like $50 a copy, and with most of your users buying a copy, thats not chump change… Definatly more than you get when the adblockers are on, and better than a sharp stick in the eye…

Greetings lpburke86,

You make a great point about the adblocking software. While ad revenue is our primary revenue source, we can’t ask you not to use it when coming to our website. We definitely understand your focus on computer security. We’ve been there, battling spyware and viruses, too. However, it has been our experience that most spyware usually comes from pop-up ads, or ads that require you to click on something or install an application. But everybody has their own experience, and this isn’t a computer security discussion.

As for a complete PDF of the School, we’ve taken that off the table for the time being. We came to a point with the previous versions were more resources were being used for staffing, purchase support and version control of the PDF than were being used for the content itself (maintenance, additions and updates, future lessons, piracy control). We made a decision then to stop offering the PDF for sale and focus on the content. We continued to support existing customers for more than a year and half after the last PDF was sold. But the way the School is offered now, online only, it’s freed up those resources to be used in other areas we feel will contribute more to forex education and trader development. But that’s always subjective. We try our hardest to make you better traders in all that we do and offer.

We hope you continue to support BabyPips.com and again, thank you for reaching out to us. :slight_smile:

Ananais

I hadn’t thought about the piracy control problem, but it does make more sense to not worry about sending out the PDF to stop that from happening.

Has anyone thought about making a mobile compatable website? That would probably satisfy the need of most of the users wanting the PDF…

Any word on quizes? I really wanted them more than the course itself…