New student on board

Hi guys,
I’m Michael, 50 years old from Germany.
30 years ago I started apprenticeship for a bank, among other departments I worked on the parquet floor of a German exchange for a while and learned some things about stocks… left the financial sector after a short time to become software developer… meanwhile I’m working as a project manager in the IT industry. 15 years ago I played poker as a semi-professional player with mediocre success for a while… until my kids were born and took all my time :wink:

Last year the hype around Bitcoin led me to trading… first cryptos, but then I found Forex and fell in love with currencies, indices and commodities and the whole daytrading stuff… and now a lot of things from my previous professions come together… basic knowledge about exchanges / trading / charts, experience regarding risk managing, expectancy and other concepts that are valid in poker, too…

I found BabyPips, just finished the School of Pipsology and want to learn more in the forums, now. I like discretional, “manual” trading, and as a former software developer I also like creating trading bots to automate my trading.

I’m looking forward to learn a lot of valuable things from the experienced traders here and have interesting discussions. :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Michael

Welcome aboard. There are several forums on this site - this is the beginners one. Mostly full of newbies who want to make a quick buck pressing buttons on a phone app as marketed by social media hype. That is mostly fantasy, and here I am one of a few regulars who aims to message the reality of trading FX.

Which is, there is no short cut to success. Experience and controlled mindset is critical, as is risk and money management.

Best of luck with your EA bot. I only know of one pro trader who is consistently profitable for many years who uses a choice of his own developed 5 EA bots depending on market conditions, and only trading the Majors.

most welcome in this Forex community , have a perfect journey . happy trading

sounds really good that you willing to learn , mostly beginners try to skip learning , they wish to bring profit very rapidly with no effort .

learning is okay but it can be useless if there is no regular level of practice session.