New to babpips and forex

Hi There,
I am new to Babypips and forex.
Stumbled about this site when I was searching for learning resources.
I first plan to complete all the course material on babypips and then get active in forums
Planning for the long run, to remain in forex next 20-30 years and what I need to learn now to help me tout in the next 2 years.

Thanks,
Surendran

1 Like

Hello! And first of all, welcome!
In here you will find a lot of useful information and resources to help you in your forex trading journey.
I would suggest you to learn and complete the courses but practicing in a demo acc as well.
If you have any questions or want to discuss something be free to do it here :slight_smile:
Good luck!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. Great long term mindset. First focus on how not to lose money, because FX trading is highly speculative and takes no prisoners.

It’s like climbing up Mount Everest with a backpack on your shoulders in a raging snowstorm. There is no short cut to eventual success, so be prepared for months/years of hard work.

Perseverance, discipline, patience, and emotional control are key factors. Add risk and money management, then you’re prepared to find positive probabilities of your trades being on the right side of this negative sum game. Negative because there are always broker fees, commission and trading spreads to contend with, so choosing the right broker for you is essential.

I hope this short summary would help you on your learning journey. Take it easy, one step at a time. See if FX trading suits you and your lifestyle. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Welcooome! :blush: I agree with the others that it’s great that you have realistic expectations and are not here because of people making forex seem like easy money! :smiley: I wish you all the best in the coming years, and if you ever have any questions, don’t be shy to just ask here. :smiley: Good luuuuck!

Welcome to the community, Surendran. Great plan.Hope to hear more from you in the future. Good luck on your fx trading journey.

Hi! Welcome to Babypips. It’s great to see people who have a lot of vision and ready to put in the hard work. Please feel free to ask anything. There are plenty of traders who can help.

Welcome to the forex world my friend. Here are some tips to get you started in forex trading:
Learn, Learn and Learn! Practise on demo before entering the real market.

Thank you all for your wishes

Hi, welcome to BP! Check out the pipsology learning material and you will pick up a lot from interacting with different newbies and experts here. A tip ; be patient and try to learn from your mistakes. Also, demo trading will help make you understand the trading process on a deeper level. Good luck!