New to forex and hoping to do good

Hello, my name is David. currently i am a university student who doesn’t enjoy the course which i am pursuing and has fell into that trap which has led me to look for escape routes such as forex. I have been interested into the concept for a couple year but never had the guts or motivation and as a beginner ive came to this community in the hopes that support and help will give me the push. Thanks for giving this a read please feel free to get in touch I hope we make it to the top

Hi

Trading can be profitable but it’s not about making “big” money short term.It can take years to become consistently profitable if ever .Most people who open live accounts (not demo)probably give up within 3 months.So there is no rush ,the positive s is you can learn at your own pace through a free demo account and information on here ,YouTube ,books ect

1 Like

HI David and welcome. What I will say to you is that you should treat this in the same way as a degree in that in will take years of study before you really get anywhere with it. Approach it in this way and you will set more realistic expectations for your progress and not be in rush to try and trade live.

1 Like

Welcome on board David! The journey is long, eventful and very educational

1 Like

Hi David
Your in the right place to start your trading journey.
Well moderated and helpful bunch of people

1 Like

Thank you. I have put much thought and wouldn’t want something easy so baby steps is the way

1 Like

Thank you the advice do you have any tips or recommendations on what else I should study?

1 Like

I personally like using the Supply and Demand trading style .
I find it makes sense and the clean charts are easier to read .
Youtube is my favourite resource for videos lots of free content there too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey newbie, babypips is a good place to start learning. But I would also recommend not keeping high expectations from your career until you have spent some time in the market.

Welcome to the community! I think it’s a great idea to get into trading, whether you change your mind about the course or not. It’s something that can help you throughout life regardless of what else you’re doing.