New to forex any tips for a noobie?

Hi my name is Joseph Santamaria and I am new to forex trading and want to take the steps to understand how is works how to start and how to get a better understanding of it. I am 23 years old and I am civil engineer and I realize after working 2 years in that industry I hate the 9-5 environment and don’t want to work in that industry anymore I want to be self-employed and be able to travel and live life on my own time and be enjoy my youth and not wait till I am 50 years old to enjoy life. So please if anyone can help me get started I am more then willing to start this forex journey as soon as possible. Thanks

1 Like

Don’t rush in to it. It takes years.

Things to learn

Market structure
Risk management
And times to trade

1 Like

Hi,
Start the course here:
https://www.babypips.com/learn

1 Like

Press the green education button above to begin your tortuous journey trading the FX market. If you treat it as a new business venture, you’ll understand that your learning costs you money to become proficient.

There is no short cut to experience and eventual success. IMO, it could take several years to become consistently profitable despite what social media marketing hype tells you. This is the reality.

Best of luck.

1 Like

It sounds like you have a great career! Civil engineer at 23 years old? Perhaps try working some place else? Or start your own company?

In your free time you can study forex.

Please do not be in a hurry to start live trading. Take your time. Start demo trading and trade on demo account at least for 6 months. Once you have found a solid strategy then, you may switch to live trading with tiny lot. Eventually, you will be able to trade live on a standard account with standard lot and earn a decent amount of money.

Simple trading strategies are easy to learn. The hard part is to have the discipline to do the same thing hundreds of times a year, and the confidence to keep on doing it even after 3, 4, 5, 6 trades in a row are all losers.

Unless you start with a very large account, it might take years to build up a large income. This means you will probably need a job. Which also means you will probably have to start trading off the daily chart.