New to forex need help picking a broker

What is a good broker to go with if you know nothing about forex am barely starting but serious about learning

Where do you live, may I ask?

Honestly, when just starting, I think any semi-reputable broker will work. You’re just learning the platforms and trade mechanics (entry, exit, stop loss, take profit, order types, etc). Charting could be a differentiator, but then again, many brokers are using one of either MT4/MT5, their own web based trading platform, or TradingView.

I’d say find a couple regulated in your country, register for them all, see if any are easier to use than another, maybe contact their support team if you’re super inclined, check out there charting and leverage options, minimum account balances, etc.

Go from there. Plenty of comments here in the Forums about who is and isn’t good. Have a read of a couple threads.

You’ll figure it out.

Hello! This lesson from the School of Pipsology is a great guide if you don’t know what you should be looking for in choosing a broker.

Not all brokers provide Demo Account. So you need to go with a broker that provides Demo accounts free of cost if you are just starting out. Few things to keep in mind while finalizing a broker:

a) The spreads should be good
b) Commission not very high
c) Fast execution
d) Reputed and been there for a long time

You can do Pipsology course from Babypips and at the same time start trying your hands on demo accounts to check your strategies. Once you are confident about your strategies, then you can move to a Live account with that broker.

It is also a good idea to open demo accounts with different brokers to compare their spreads and execution. If you need suggestions for broker names, we will be happy to help you with that.