New to learn forex, emotional control and the works!

I’m new to babypips, new to forex and for the most part, new to trading entirely. My name is Steven, I am a crane operator from British Columbia, Canada. I have a young family that I would like ya have more time with, I’m a quick learner and I do enjoy a challenge. Trading stocks and currencies has always kept me interested I just never took the steps however I am ready now. I would like to take the time to learn the ways slowly and properly! Thanks for any time and help gang!

1 Like

Well, you are at the right site to begin your future education. Take it easy, one step at a time. Rome wasn’t built in day. Best of luck.

1 Like

Hey Welcome! Excited to know you and to have a knowledgeable discussion with you.

1 Like

Welcome to babypips! You have come to the right place to learn. Give learning enough time so that you don’t face any issues with decision-making when you go live.

1 Like

Welcome! It is good to see you stepped up a bit. It is never too late to start at some point. Are you aware about how they work? Forex trading

1 Like

I am learning!

Perhaps you can get a demo acc and start trading.
It’s a nice way to learn

Welcome Steven! Sounds like you are coming from a good place with a job and family (all helps with the support - we all need it!). Check out the education tab here and get stuck in. Remember to practice as your time allows and remember that there is a trading style for everyone depending on their lifestyles. If you don’t have loads of time to trade then 1min scalping probably won’t work for you but say swing trading might. The best thing to do is learn how and why the markets move and then start to collate all of that into a strategy that works for you as you progress. Good luck!

1 Like

You sound quite grounded despite working from a height!
Terrible joke :expressionless:
Seriously though welcome and your in the right place to learn trading FX stocks or any market.
Use a demo account before you consider using your own capital and best of luck

1 Like

Thanks for the support everyone!

I’m struggling with my indicators, especially my entry. Overcoming emotional panic trades had been a chore, what a liberating feeling it is to control that and stop those panic fomo trades. Now that I’ve got my emotions nearly completely in check, I find myself with no positions and constantly wondering when to enter. I’m trading mostly crypto as I enjoy the volatility and am a holder of cryptocurrency.

Anyone here interested in talking about some tips!? Would be much appreciated… The FUD is real

Hi thanks for the reply!

I’m not sure what scalping is exactly but swing trading by day is kindof what ive been testing… any tips on entry indicators? Seems to be my issue is timing