New to the game

Hi all, I’m Mark from Kent in the UK, I have just started looking into trading/stocks etc and to be honest don’t really know a lot about it as it is something I have never done before so is all new to me. I understand that this is a risky game but I am willing to learn and take advice to make me understand it all better so any advice that anyone can give me to get started properly will be very much appreciated.

1 Like

First of all, choose, you want to do forex or stocks! these are totally different things! choose one and focus on that! do not try to ride in two boats! Good luck M4Rky

1 Like

Every new trader should be very careful with their strategies.

A fellow Kentish man! Welcome bud! As a few have mentioned it will be better for your head and prgression to pick one of forex or stocks. You will learn it is hard rather than risky. Risk is involved but fundamentally in your control. Check out the School of Pipsology on the Education tab and get stuck in! Best of luck!

1 Like

wise words

Thanks for you advice fellow Kentish man lol. It is Forex that I want to trade with, I now realise the difference between the two, I am reading and learning via the School of Pipsology as we speak so hopefully I can take it all in or most of it anyway and be on my way. Take care mate.

1 Like

If you find FX to be too difficult - which is certainly the undoing of most traders, IMO, learning how to trade stocks - even indices - would be a sensible alternative.

best of luck.

You can trade in a variety of instruments. It can be forex, commodities, stocks, indices, cryptocurrency, etc. Firstly, you gotta choose what your area of interest is and then begin to learn.

Firstly, it ain’t a cake-walk so the key to a decent trading career is to learn and do that for a few months till the time the subjective concepts aren’t clear. Next step would be to practice and you can either go for demo account trading or micro account trading. Decide after a thorough research and study which style suits you best. Invest little, maintain a trading journal, analyze the market, make use of the indicators, and decide on the broker that fits the bill to the T.

Hello and welcome. I think you should first read about both stocks and forex to begin with. This will help you get some clarity before starting. Good luck.