New Trader Looking for a Little Help

Hi everyone,

I’m new to forex and hoping someone could shine some light into my problem.

I started trading fx a couple months ago, and for a LONG period of time, I jumped all around looking for indicators / systems that suits me. Recently, I have been looking into Price Action Trading and got interested in it. I watched a bunch of the videos on youtube and read a couple books. Then I tried backtesting it on tradingview, but for some reasons I find it difficult to do backtesting there (with all the scrolling back in time after switching timeframes) and it really frustrated me.

I really like to try getting better at price action trading, so I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on practicing it, and any other site / app that’s a bit easier for timeframe analysis.

Thanks for the help.

Hi, check Nial Fuller. Price Action is discretionary method, (sometimes, you can see different S/R zone on the same chart after day or two) reserve more time to learn, how to trade by this method. Regards Greg

Chris Capre had a long running thread here. Let me find it.

It’s a short 3600 posts. :rofl:

Price action trading describes the characteristics of a security’s price movements. This movement is quite often analyzed with respect to price changes in the recent part. So, everythin you have to do in case you want to be busy with price action trading is identifying a scenario of your trading (like a stock price getting bull/bear, channel range) and then identifying trading opportunities with a scenario (like one stock is in bull run and it prepares to be retreat or overshoot). Of course this is a very subjective option and it varies from trader to trader. You’re able to create your own one.