New Trader Looking for Guidance and Great Community

Hi, I’m Dwayne and I’m new to Babypips’s forum. I started trading in June 2022 and went profitable in August 2022. But the more strategies I learnt from youtube and turned for the worst and I became lost.

Is there any advice on this matter from the senior traders?

I’ll be in your care and I hope we can work together to be successful.
Thank you for your kind attention.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome in BP community :slightly_smiling_face: did you visit the BP education section already? Regards Greg

1 Like

Check out the free education on Babypips, you might find yourself there. And for the advice, “Be your own master.”

1 Like

Hello KKC!
Good job son!

It is a common mistake between all traders, if you find the one that suits you and is profitable why should you change it? Stick to that and just make it better and better

And at the end, I’ll ask you to stop thinking about how you can make profits in a few months once more, try your best and accept your shortcomings!

2 Likes

Yeap I did learnt most of the basics there.

Noted I’ll do my best to be my own master :smiley:

I’ve read your advise very crystal clear, previously I was using indicators to trade only, but I jump into price action trading and there is I kinda got messy.

I usually draw out S&R as zones + Trendlines on the 1H
And used candlesticks patterns as my entry trigger in 15M but it usually goes the other way.

+x2 my ATR(20) as SL

If you’re still profitable, just keep going because everyone knows their best way to progress. Just stick to success. Wish you the best!

1 Like

Alright, and thanks for the wishes :blush:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Dwayne. Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Hopefully it was just a demo account. If not then the next time you try again, start with a demo account so that you don’t lose money while you’re still learning.

1 Like

Hey Dwayne, welcome! Remember, trading is a journey of continuous learning and improvement. Take the lessons from your losses and use them to enhance your strategies and approach.

1 Like

Hello Dwayne what strategy you was using at trading when you lost money.

1 Like

Welcome Dwayne! Be patient and stay motivated on your efforts to learn. Good luck! I hope all goes well for you this time.

1 Like

just pure price action but I found a solution to fix that already by adding RSI to spot the divergence at any of the S&R Zones