New trader need advice

Former hotelier :innocent:

3 star hotels. Nothing special. No franchisee

2 Likes

So somewhere in between then.

Nice. I’m impressed. Lovely industry that. And something I always figured would be my forte in life to be honest.

2 Likes

Anyway. Let’s not get bogged down in details here re: different types of accounts and regulation.

My point really is that due to this total marketing onslaught: it’s pretty difficult for the uninformed to make a rational decision or see the wood for the trees.

2 Likes

Its my past. Thank god. I didnt do a MBA to give out room keys tbh. Never liked it too much + there are tax reasons and political reasons in europe which make it hard to compete against the big hotel groups. So a further growth into bigger business was impossible. So chose to find something else, more demanding and more rewsrding ($) as well.
A industry where growth is possible.

2 Likes

You always somehow manage to put a smile on my dial!!! LOL!!!

2 Likes

Agree. Its nothing bad in having different opinions. In the end it plays no role. If you spread bet or anything else, the main issue 99% of people fail at is making money from it in first place.

3 Likes

Wow! I hadn’t seen or read any of this thread until i got the email notification that PMH had mentioned me.

So you woke me up from my summer slumbers just for this? Shame on you! I even had to read your post, @PipMeHappy, immersed up to my xxxx in the lake repairing the jetty! ,:joy: Amazing what cold water does to oneself if you stand in it long enough.

So having been woken, i read through the whole thread! What an, err, unusual conversation! But i am glad that Mr DE has come out of the closet and confirmed his former life as Turbonero. I recognised it but didn’t want to mention it in public until he felt ready for the publicity.

I thought your origins were Croatian?

Well anyway i’m not sure why my name came up and i have nothing to add to the Forex debate except that i am still here after decades of EURUSD. But so what. That means nothing to no one!

Nice thread and i enjoyed the read, what i understood of it… my brain cell is not what it used to be and i have never been a Hercule Poirot in that respect…

3 Likes

Si senior yo soy un grande croat :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I have a system for you - send $1.88 and i will send you a system i call the “Holy Grail”

I bought a coke at super market. Im left with 1.22 only. Is that enough?

2 Likes

Ok - send $1.22 and half a coke…my final offer only lasts for another 30 seconds

2 Likes

It is plenty provided you only risk 1-2% of your capital per trade.

2 Likes

I think that by supporting different opinions is the only good way to come up with proper conclusion. This is why I prefer reading forum threads and related discussions like this one. I find many useful stuff

2 Likes

I haven’t made use of “systems” yet or what some would call “blackboxes”. Its preferable to understand the parameters and like to see how the underlying works and then make use of systems is what I have heard from experts.

1 Like

What a crazy thread! I, too, was alerted to it purely by being mentioned (sorry have not been on the forum much recently, building project at home rumbling on, taking my attention), but the headline is the same as ever, it seems to me: it is incredibly hard to make consistent money from Forex, over a sustained period of time, but it can be done. Lots of things can get in the way of success, but for me it often seems to be the approach and mindset of the trader as much as any fundamental issue with the principles of trading. But what do I know? Interesting thread, in parts. Like everything else in life, not everyone is going to be good at it and not everyone will take the same approach, so not everyone will succeed.

2 Likes

My God. Are you still around??? LOL!!!

Now this was a pleasant sight!!!

It’s Dale (in case you’ve forgotten). Avatar pic. changed to a recent pic. is all.

1 Like

Lol no, not forgotten, I’m like an elephant, I forget nothing! How the hell are you Dale? Surprised to see you back around these parts. Glad to see that you’re still on form, it restores my faith in the universe, and all need a little faith in these challenging times.

Great to hear from you, right back at you.

2 Likes

Hey.

Lovely to hear from you. Matter of fact was reading one or two of your posts on one of my VERY old threads just the other day!!!

I’m good. Well relatively speaking anyway. Had a bit of a business setback (not trading related at all) in the past few months so have been pretty much prematurely thrust into this full time (as opposed to trading part time for about the last five years and done well on that basis actually) (which is pretty good considering my not so humble beginnings around these parts let’s face it!!! LOL!!!). I use the word prematurely because the intention has always been to open a trading related business once this deal has been concluded and I get paid (it’s a pretty nice chunk of capital owing to me). So yeh. Back at it on no uncertain terms. But as I’ve noted several times around here: with a clarity that surprises even me on a daily basis!!! LOL!!! Seems that all of those years of pain and anguish are finally paying off!!! LOL!!!

Really nice to see you around though. Not many of us left around these parts (and I’ll leave it at that save I get carried away and start bitching again!!! LOL!!!).

Chat sometime. Would be nice.

@SimonTemplar and @dpaterso

Hey guys. Can you give me a good trading system that makes money. @eddieb gave me a system but it only made me 6 $ so far on my 1,12$ trading account. Only 500% in 2 weeks. I need help. My ferrari comking in 6 weeks. Need to make 50.000% in that time. Please help.

2 Likes