New York close candles on MT4?

Hi guys,

I’ve opened an account with FXCM Australia, and was wondering whether there was a way to get the candles on MT4 to open/close the same as NY open/close?

I’ve read that this is possible with the browser platform, but wasn’t sure if it’s something I could do on MT4?

Thanks

Hallo,

Not possible.

You can change the time DISPLAYED in MT4, but the opening and closing time of the candles is determined by your broker.

Idea: compare your candles and closing times with those from NY-close brokers, e.g Pepperstone, tradingview.com. If they match, then ua good to go.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply dudest.

I’ve just had a look at tradingview.com - do you think it would be fine to use them for my charts as analysis and enter my trades as per usual on my broker?

I’ve read that this is what some people do if their brokers do not use NY close charts.

EDIT:

Does anyone know what FXCM closes at? I just downloaded Pepperstone MT4 demo to compare charts (as I’ve seen in other threads that they are New York close charts) and they look exactly the same?

EDIT2:

Nevermind - looks as though FXCM is offering NY close charts
http://forums.babypips.com/fxcm/60158-platform-chart-time.html

Thanks for you help guys! I should probably look around a little harder before starting new threads! :slight_smile:

Hi Ivanic,

We now offer New York Close on MT4 as well as Trading Station.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Can I just confirm that this app will update the charts automatically? I’m just a bit confused as it says open “offline chart”, so I’m not sure whether the charts update automatically once I out the indicator on the chart.

Thanks

Hi Ivanic,

FXCM’s newest live MT4 server is set to GMT+2 which means the charts are automatically set to New York Close without the need of a separate app.

However, if your MT4 account is on one of our other live MT4 servers, the time is set to GMT, you can use the New York Close app from FXCMapps.com to get your daily charts to display with New York Close. When using our New York Close app, your daily charts will say “offline chart” but they will still update automatically in real time.

If you have an existing MT4 account with us on a server that’s set to GMT, you can email <[email protected]> referencing your account number to request that the account be transferred to the new MT4 server with New York Close charts. Your account must be flat. Please allow a couple of business days for your account to be set up on the new server. You will receive an email with your new login details when the setup is complete.

Please let us know your thoughts on our new MT4 server with New York Close charts. Based on your feedback, we can decide how many of our MT4 servers to keep on GMT time and how many to switch to New York Close.

Thanks,
Jason